Lizzy asked if I'd pop on here occasionally just to keep her honest and give a little perspective. Lizzy is ridiculously honest actually, except maybe with herself. She just doesn't see herself the way the rest of the world does. She's brilliant, has a killer body -literally-as a kick boxer she could probably kill someone if she needed to- she's just that right place between adorable and beautiful, and she can leave you on your ass with her wit, but she'll pick you up with her compassion. So the question is: why can't this paragon of virtues find a guy worth her time to love, and one that deserves her? One word: Picky. Well that may not be fair because as we girls here in Metropolis know, that elusive guy is just not easy to find. Well, and to be honest, Lizzy does have some scars, but hell, we all do to some extent, right? Hers were created by a bad relationship gone awry, with none other than my brother.
Me, well, I'm a different story. Can't really describe myself, but I have to say, my main goal is a good time. I know I'm not going to end up with Adonis, or Einstein for that matter, but that's not what I want. I want a guy who is fun and most important, there. There for me. My love life so far best resembles a trapeze act, well not literally but there was that guy from Cirque du Soleil one night . . . (Not really something I should blog about) but mostly I swing from one guy to the next, have a good ride for a short time and one or the other of us jumps off pretty quickly, before we get a chance to fall. Although I have been known to fall prematurely and well, yup, you guessed it - a bigger fall.
But here I am ready to steady the bar to help my BFF get out of the circus and find true love. What the hell. Maybe I'll land a good guy along the way. See ya next time. Wish us luck! ~Char
Oh, yeah ... almost forgot. I'm supposed to give you a song. My pick: Train's "Shake up Christmas"
Song on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8VCL4uSUc
It sounds like you are going to really be a big help to your BFF. I do hope you don't forget your own needs in the process. I wish you tons of luck in your finding Mr. Right, Charlotte. With cool boots like that and such a pretty face and clearly a generous heart, I have no doubt you'll find someone, too. All the best to you and Liz!
ReplyDeleteHi Friend! Well thanks for the support and the excellent compliments, too! About the boots, I always did believe every girl should have a pair of red shoes, especially since they're so cheerful for the holidays. Just ask Dorothy. Hoping I can be helpful to my dear friend Liz. and all you guys will help along the way as well. Power in numbers and Girl Power and all that. See you soon.
DeleteDitto to the above comment. I look forward to reading about your adventures over the next few weeks.
ReplyDeleteHi Eleanor. Thanks so much for keeping an eye on us. Liz is all that's right and proper but I may just need a little TLC after dragging my GF around to lots of possible meet sights during this crazy season. Well, she'll look after me as well and with all you gals out there cheering us on, its sure to be a cool Christmas. See you soon.
DeleteHey Char! Great fun to hear from you this morning! I'm glad to know that the two of you are working together on this venture. You have the right idea...strength in numbers, plus I think Liz needs your influence to loosen up a little. After seeing her let go at the club, I know she has it in her. It's not easy being a professional woman in the city and trying to have a life. Just tell her to keep an open mind as you two "shake it up" and "wake it up." Keep us posted! We out her in cyber space are giving you gals the "thumbs up." Take care! Jen Red
ReplyDeleteHi Jen, Since I have to orchestrate some/a lot of this little adventure for my dear friend, and believe me, as committed as she is to finding a reasonable male to drag to her Mom's for Christmas dinner, I know Liz and she won't make this easy, on me, on any guy, or especially on herself. You are so right about keeping an open mind, which isn't easy when there are written criteria to follow. Need to burn that list of hers, but unfortunately, she's got it fully memorized and imbedded! Well, that's a problem for another day. Thanks for your support. Its good to know there are friends out there cheering her on and I may need all the friendly fortitude I can muster to keep her to this plan. Best regards, Char
DeleteWe all need a friend who can tell us like it is. You sound like you're fun but sensible. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you both!
Hi Rose! You've got that right about us all needing a friend, especially to navigate the single scene in Manhattan. Truth is, there is a lot out there to explore if one (or my GF Liz in this case) is willing to move outside the comfort zone. I've been a lot more adventurous than Lizzy but though we come from the same hometown, we traveled different roads to where we are now. I may have hit a few bumps, but she spent a lot of time traveling in the wrong direction, and believe me, I know that road well. But we're together in NYC, in this quest, and we're BFFs, so we'll help each other. But my real focus is on Liz. For a very smart, capable girl, she tends to mess up sometimes the simplest things. See you next time, Char
DeleteI love that song! Just got added to my playlist.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it makes me smile. I just love the video. Enjoy it. See ya' soon. Thanks
Delete