Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Charlotte's Super Opinion

Hello Ladies, Charlotte here!

Yes, I know, there may be a guy or two in Manhattan who is checking out this blog, but if this is what he's doing in his spare time, well, go find a woman!  Sorry, I diverge, and there is sooooo much to chat about today, truly.   

So today was the calendar shoot and though I was really busy, pleasantly so I might add, I did manage to keep abreast of some of the goings on outside my view finder. First off, Lizzy showed up looking like a cross between consummate corporate executive and every man's fantasy.  Not being male, I can only imagine how many guys at the station were snapping their own photos on iPhones for future consideration at a later date, on a cold lonely night.  


She really looked great, but I think I may have screwed up her plans. I didn't intend to have my long lost over-achiever, officious brother throw such a big wrench into the works.  Newly arrived in town since - I don't know - years, he pushed and pushed till I gave in saying "Fine, come to the photoshoot, but don't mess with my rhythm."  I knew Lizzy would be happy to see him, we all did grow up together after all, but I didn't think she'd forget what an ass he was, particularly to her!  Damn if he didn't just mess everything up - and I mean everything.  At the very least, I was hoping he'd at least get December boy to up his game. Worst of all, my bro sure didn't help Lizzy focus on the situation at hand.   
Well, neither did the self important reporter from the local news, but I suppose the publicity is good for the charity campaign. And Mr. December sure did his part.  Talk about consummate performer, though you could tell in an instant he does not perform well for strangers unless he really has to.  I'll give the guy credit though, he spoke his piece well, and he looked even better, but when I asked Lizzy to spread that oil across his chest, well, SHE'S GOING TO KILL ME WHEN SHE CATCHES THE NEWS SEGMENT. 

I scooted out as soon as I wrapped up, went for a couple of drinks with my make-up girl and between the two of us we finally unloaded our little volunteer for the day (not my brother, but the 'other' one - the perfect looking one, the VIP) on some of the off-duty firefighters who bought the drinks.  Now there is a girl who knows how to go after a guy: any guy! Good for her.  

Me, after I hit my reset button at the pub, I wandered crosstown to chill for the night with a good friend.  Well, maybe not chill exactly, in fact . . .oops, not supportive of our dear girl, sorry. I'm thinking there are some great photos from today, and at least Lizzy showed she knows how to flirt, maybe not with whom, but she's got the skills.  Need to redirect that girl and hope she gets with the program real soon, but you know my girl is a bit headstrong.  Yeah, I know ... I'm working on it and working on getting her to dump those lists of hers.  Tomorrow's another day, but the clock is ticking and with only 16 days until her mother's Binaca Christmas dinner, she better ramp it up!

Cute song by Lady Gaga "Christmas Tree" - pervy, but cute.  teehee  

7 comments:

  1. Char, I'm a little worried about this post. What do you mean your long lost BRO showed up out of the blue? Hey! Didn't someone say that Liz had a really bad experience with that guy, no offense? Monkey wrench??? Mess everything up??? Need to redirect??? I'm having a real panic on this side of cyber space. Geez, just yesterday she had to endure a day at the nut house. And what do you mean News Segment?. Oh Char, I know Liz is a grown woman and all that, but we are counting on you to help her. I'm almost afraid to read what Liz says when she blogs. Drat! I knew I should have called in sick and gone to that photoshoot. Take it back, I probably would have been too distracted by the body oil to do anything useful. Forget the chocolate! Sounds like I'll have to double my efforts in the good vibes department. Sighs. ~Jen Red~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:33 PM

      Oh Jen, I need to figure what to do first, apologize or rationalize. Both are apt, believe me. Okay, apology first: Sorry Lizzy. Wasn't planning on this. Well, maybe it will have a positive effect. Maybe. Now, on the rationalize side: Lizzy has Jane's shadow to live in and in some respects, I have John's. Big Brother, Mr. Popular, Charming, and that frickin' Pulitzer he rarely fails to throw into the conversation, especially since we're both in the same profession, at opposite ends. Its not that I begrudge him his success, I don't. I'm even proud of him, but its what he does with his talent and notoriety where we differ. But today was a problem. I only wish Lizzy kept a list handy of all the things she DOESN'T want in a guy. It would be titled: DESCRIPTION OF J. LUCAS. Unfortunately, she's not thinking straight and I can understand why when her EX shows up in that Cavern of Hotness today.
      And for the record, all I knew about yesterday in Meryton was what Lizzy told me quick in passing: Frances is deranged -no surprise - something about a Bandit? and Probation? I'll have to read her blog. Not much sleep last night, umm. but I'll hear about it. And I do have something planned for Thursday. Love, Char

      Delete
  2. Kayenne12:49 PM

    I need to find my meat mallet... FAST!

    And I'm sure that 10 years after Lizzy kills you for that news segment, she will, in hindsight, have a good laugh at it! I hope I catch the news later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:40 PM

      Shhhhh! Kayenne, she hasn't seen it yet! And yes, she will NOT be happy, but you are absolutely right. And if things go well this month, at least she can look back and laugh. And BTW, She looked absolutely fabulous, and not exactly disturbed by the activity, mind you. In fact, she was extremely thorough at her task! I guess she'll just call it professionalism. Yeah. Right!!!!! FYI- I thinks its already been posted on You Tube! Love, Char

      Delete
    2. Kayenne2:59 AM

      ohh... I'd love to see it! Send me the link!

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely hilarious! I am enjoying the blog--what a great idea. I can enjoy the blog until I can get to the story. Charlotte is a riot and her friendship with Lizzy is so "spot" on in this modern tale..just as I would have expected. Kuddos to Caronly/Sheryl..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Char giving into your brother? What were you thinking? The firehouse was not the place for Liz to first see him again - not with all the planning you have in place, but the news footage - nothing could hide their reaction to each other - was it just as hot off screen or even hotter? Please tell me that your brother didn't screw things up for them - and while I know he is your brother he was trying to take your kudos - he is such an exhibitionist. Has Liz found out how much of her interaction was on the newscast yet? I suggest phoning her first as you do not want to be in the same room while the first rant is taking place. Has someone put it up on Youtube yet as promotional materials - maybe we can suggest it is linked to the Facebook page for the foundation to earn some more likes…mind you Mr Dec mightn't like being there just as much as Liz is not going to like that suggestion either.

    Couldn't make it to the shoot and now I find out the Captain is a divorcee? Can I come to the next event pleeeaaassse? I promise to help you with Liz as well as donate my time to the FD Burns Foundation. Just to look at him and his dimples and oh to have the chance to ask him out for a Christmas drink…*sigh*

    I intend to be there for the calendar signing, but thinking there are going to be some major crowds with the hot bods being there!

    PS don't bring your brother he is only going to try and upstage you again - you deserve the credit and accolades.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.