Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

Charlotte's Super Opinion

Hello Ladies, It's Charlotte Again!

What a day, WHAT A DAY! Officially, as far as BADCo. and FDBF go, today was a major fundraising day: Thirteen HOT firemen heated up the Barnes and Noble bookstore ready, willing and waiting to meet their adoring public.  The funny thing was how each of the guys scoped out the ceiling sprinklers and the wall mounted fire extinguishers before they settled in for the signing.  Having spent the four long hours photographing the event and the crowd lined up inside, outside and down the block, I'm thinking those guys knew just what was really important.  If eyes and screams and even a few swoons could combust  B&N would have had one less store to stock by the time this gig was over.

Maybe because this was being offered in slick glossy:

The crowds of women!  Lord help me if I ever get that "stimulated" over a photo, but I must admit, seeing those guys, six at a time, sitting and signing, smiling and making small talk for the sake of the foundation, hit just about everyone in the store - one way or another.  And wouldn't you know, there at the front of the line, before the doors even opened, was “Candy Moore Eyewitness News,” as she told anyone dumb enough to ask.

Must be a slow news day when a reporter and crew can spend four hours covering a single event two days before Christmas.  Not complaining here, but aren't there some other worthy charities that could stand a bit of publicity?  I figure Candy-Girl must make her own schedule.  She flirted with almost every Calendar Guy there, but when she got to Mr. December, well he was really torn between promoting FDBF and trying to get her to move down the line.  Funny thing how his eyes seemed just a bit off and his smile not quite its usual million-watt voltage.

He must have scanned that crowd every-time he looked up to greet another calendar fan waiting for his signature.  After about an hour, trying to be all casual, he finally asked me if Liz was running late and I had to tell him she had an appointment and wouldn't be there.  He recovered quickly, but I could easily see the disappointment.  Man, I hope those two get it together tomorrow ... oopsie.  It's so odd seeing the whole picture, watching and knowing how they each feel and not being able to push and shove them together.

Speaking of pushing, Preppy showed up about an hour before the event wrap and followed me around, helping to sell the photos I'd been taking of the fans with the Fireman of their choice.  And BTW, from a photographic viewpoint, it's incredibly hard to find a good "nook" in that store!   Anyway, Amanda, Lizzy's Administrative Assistant set up a deal with a photo site and PayPal so the "Ladies" (really loose usage on THAT term) can buy the individual shots I took.  I'm really proud that so far, the site has orders for over 240 photos at $13.00 dollars each.  I feel like I'm doing my part for FDBF and my Preppy too. He loved the whole idea and I'm feeling a lot of love in that department, I know, I know, tis the season.  We shall see . . .

About that important meeting Liz had, well, I've got the inside skinny, but this IS a public blog, so no outward speculation.

And I wouldn't want to give them any "KINE-AHORAS". Go look that one up ladies!

I think you'll like my song.  From Polar Express.  I'm feeling Christmassy.


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:16 AM

    Char I'm so happy your holiday has been so rewarding so far. :) Now the calendar isn't' showing up? Darn.
    Someone Else Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures....I'll be damned if Mr. January doesn't look like a young Colin Firth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Char...I'm so disappointed that I couldn't make it to the calendar signing. We had a pick up rehearsal at the Garden today because one of the understudies is filling in tonight. Rats! Any chance you could get me one of those glossy pics for being faithful on the blog? I'll even pay double and double that if I have to! Gonna hang that baby on my locker in the green room just for good measure. Already ordered my calendar in triplicate, mind you. Anyhoo... sounds like another great day for the foundation. Happy to support the cause ~Jen Red~

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I'm crazy for Mr. August this time around! Your girl can have December! ~Jen Red~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Hey Charlotte. It was so nice to meet you yesterday at the Gala. I totally dig your pixie haircut and am near tempted to cut my own, but I think my brother would tease me in his shock!
    Anyway, I just wanted to apologize to everyone here on the blog for not coming clean with who I am and my affiliation to Mr. December. Please forgive me, but I just love my brother so much and want to see him happy, and he will be. He's not so sad sack that he hasn't laughed a bit with me before he went to work tonight after the calendar signing. I think he's trying to remain optimistic, especially since he has it in the back of his mind that it just might have been Liz who sent him a thirteen red roses, which were waiting for him in the lobby of our apartment building when he returned. There wasn't a card, but - on the q.t. - I think it was her, too. If you are reading this Liz - you go girl!.

    Well anyhoo - Thanks Char for this awesome calendar. But for the fact that my brother is one of the months - It's yummy. Merry Christmas, everyone! ~Georgie 'G'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:40 AM

    Not surprised there was a long line waiting for a chance to get the calendar signed; it was the was all for a good cause. I have a sneaking suspicion you'll have a lot more orders for the pictures you took, too. All for the Foundation, mind you.

    -Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr Dec is nice but he's the one for Liz…13 roses waiting for Mr Dec after the signing Cello G? My bet it was Liz too. What next I wonder and will 13 always be the theme?

    my preference is Mr January…oh Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot..Hot..Hot...All Hottie's, Oh boy! Liz better have something good up her sleeve...I'm getting anxious for her to make this right with Mr. Dec. Keeping my fingers crossed for you Charlotte & Preppy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.