Does that tell you anything, my friends? It should! Sadie comes through! Take my advice, dear intrepid daters, if you want to find the perfect man for you - your soul mate - the one destiny carved out for you in the full moon - then go to a Jewish Marriage Broker. Forget the speed dating, blind dates, pheromone parties, and online matching. Don't bother with the personal ads or the wine-tasting venues. Just go to a shadchan!
With any luck, (wrong word here because I don't believe in lucky or unlucky any longer) Sadie will be attending another wedding she matched! Thank you, Sadala. You are my JewBoo.
Tonight was the best Christmas Eve I have ever spent. With the people I love most in the world, we celebrated the goodness of the season at Shanghai Cafe Deluxe for Chinese food. Georgiana joined us with my sister and her fiance, who have now reconciled, and Charlotte and Rick as well. They have proclaimed their love for each other. After two bottles of champagne, which my sister could not partake in because I am going to be an AUNT (I knew it, BTW. Chocolate? Sheesh,) Will and I have now come back to his penthouse.
Much to my surprise, my very own Santa had a gift waiting for me under the tree. After Georgiana went to bed, and after we opened Sadie's gift of mistletoe to us, promptly putting it to good use, I opened a small blue Tiffany box to find the most gorgeous pair of emerald earrings nestled within. My love told me he bought them for me two weeks ago, feeling confident that I would give him my heart. Did I tell you how much I love him?
I'm not going to kiss and tell (unlike last time I was at his apartment) but I will tell you that what we share is beautiful, as it should be. I know he loves me. He's been through hell for me. Never in my life have I known such happiness, and I hope that every day we are together, he will feel the same happiness he gives to me. I'll spend the rest of my life committed to that.
To you, my friends, who have traveled this brave, adventurous and oftentimes tumultuous road with me, I thank you for helping me face my demons and embrace a future of deep, abiding love with my bashert.
Merry Christmas to you all!
Barbara Streisand A Christmas Love Song
Song on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4eiQQ74MhY

YAY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is Mazel Tov! Looking forward to my invitation to the wedding. jk
Love and kisses and Happy Bennet-free Xmas,
Lisay
PS I am worried about Jane though -- I hope she is holding up ok.
I just saw the part where Jane reconciled with CHarles -- I don't know how I missed it the first time -- what a relief!
DeleteIm smiling ear to ear here! I wish you both join and happiness and several children after the wedding. :) Not that I think everyone has to have children but I believe the two of you would make excellent parents and as you may already know the world is missing many good parents. :D
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Liz and Fitzwilliam God bless
Someone Else Mother
My Liz, you naughty girl, stealing that photograph of me to post. You do know there are cyber stalkers everywhere don't you? LOL
ReplyDeleteBaby - I love you. I adore you. You've made me the happiest man alive. Now, did you say "the rest of your life?" Hmmm...
BTW, I thought Black Widows eat their men 'after' having sex. (Sorry ladies - that's an inside joke and its NOT what you are thinking!)
Gasp!!! OMG Lizzy you are one very very very lucky girl.
ReplyDeleteThank you Lisay! I just know you will be, too. No more living through my crazy dating experience. You're going to get out there and have an awesome 2014 filled with unexpected adventure and tons of happiness and love! ~L
DeleteLove it! Love it! LOVE IT! Yes! HEA! What more is there to say? I'm so happy things worked out. Now if Char will only send me those extra shots of Mr. August....everything will definitely be coming up roses! ~Jen Red~
ReplyDeleteHOORAY!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! And I knew he was hot from the calendar info but he is irresistibly adorable in that pic! What a lucky lady! You totally deserve him and all the happiness he gives you! And loving those earrings!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Liz!
Merry Christmas Rose. You know I never mentioned how I love your yellow rose avatar. :) Thanks for all the sharing and advice, thanks for always rooting me on and your sincerity.
DeleteYes, my Mr. Darcy is quite the model isn't he. (just don't tell him that - I don't want him to become conceited.) teehee.
Have a wonderful day, hon! ~L
With most of the Christmas rush over, I've finally had time to sit and comment, a mug of peppermint hot cocoa on one hand (wanted the Shiraz, but couldn't find the corkscrew!)... I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo thrilled for you!!! I'm so so so very glad that that you and sneaky caveboy there have worked things out at last! Do remember this magical season in the future when, I'm sure you will have disagreements (or do you have him pussy-whipped already?).. caveboy being from the cave... they tend to grunt and grunt and say odd, silly things at times - but always remember that there is a dear tender heart under all that posturing... be kind to each other and always put each other first and you will go far - "for the rest of your life!' (psst... those are a seriously fabulous pair of emeralds!)
ReplyDeleteHey Caveboy! Can I photocopy you? I need someone to distract me from my crazy family too! (and carry a 55-pound bag of flour into my kitchen from time to time...)
Too bad, I doubt I can find a Jewish Marriage Broker in these parts here... I don't even know anyone Jewish in my country!
I'm making Baci di Dama (Lady's Kisses) cookies tomorrow, anyone want one? Merry Christmas!
Very happy for you both! Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! It sounds like the best is yet to come....
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Barb. Happy holidays to you as well. I think the future will go down in history. Sort of like a Jane Austen novel. ;)
DeleteBravo! The Black Widow triumphs. Seriously, blessings to you and your Mr. December. So glad you can put your focus on the future. Make him happy, Elizabeth, and get him to the altar ASAP!
ReplyDeleteCat Lady (and her cats)
Aw, Thank you Cat Lady, and thank you for your tough love. Only through his kind heart was he able to forgive my dreadfulness. I am definitely looking forward to the future with him. Kisses to your kitties and you.
DeleteCaveman, I'm so happy that Liz learned her heart and healed yours.
ReplyDeleteFrom someone you don't know, but who has been rooting for you for a while,
-Linnea
Congratulations! Looks like it will be the Best Christmas Ever!
ReplyDeleteHi Dana! Thanks for your comments on the blog. It has been an incredible Christmas filled with more love than I have ever ever had. I hope yours is the same. See you on New Year's Eve. ~L
DeleteCongratulations to both you and Caveman! I'm so happy that you found each other.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Elicia! Thank you for all your support. I hope your New Year is filled with deep, abiding love, too. ~L
Delete