Well hello holiday daters! Now, I know what you're thinking - you've been dying to know who and if I matched with anyone from last night's speed dating adventure Did size matter in the end or did everyone come up short? Were my questions well received, or were my organizational skills a little too over the top? The proof is in the pudding isn't it? I think you should take a seat, maybe even put your feet up. As a matter of fact, grab a drink - whiskey is probably best, cause you're not going to believe it when I tell you I matched with someone. Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited. I was Lucky!
I matched with number seventeen, who is a Wall Street bond trader by day and fitness freak by night. He has a dog, that's always a good sign. Man's best friend and all. It further shows that he's a responsible person and 'a dog lover' is one of the criteria points. David (name changed) has an appealing sense of humor and is fairly good looking with a warm smile. He said all the right things and his teeth were beautiful - straight, white, well cared for. That's important, you know. His laugh - well I'll get over my reservations. Lord, knows I'm not perfect *snort*. We're planning to meet to go bowling on Friday night.
Now, about today and the firefighter auditions for the FD Burn Foundation's fireman calendar, entitled: 'Hot Stuff' the Heroes of FDNY." Clever title huh? The event was a HUGE success. Our twelve months and the cover of hotness have been chosen. The Foundation made a ton of money for the charity, and we have scheduled the photoshoot for this coming Monday. My client and his aunt (who is also on the board for the Foundation,) were extremely impressed in spite of her initial reservations. I suppose she was pleased with the financial results - not to mention the hot bodies because she did sign up for the Twitter feed and managed to find her way to "liking" the FDNY2014 Calendar on Facebook. Not to mention she was the very first to place her reservation for a calendar as soon as it is ready for pre-sales.
| 2012 Calendar to whet your whistle |
BTW, in case I forget to tell you, I won the auction date with a firefighter, not just any firefighter. Yup, you guessed it - him.
I know I should be more miffed about how I won the auction but I'm not. You see, I didn't actually bid on him. After how Mr. December embarrassed me during his audition with his singing to me and gyrating in my direction, he certainly didn't score any brownie points with me - apart from how delicious he looked. Mrs. dB (aunt) was not pleased with me after his demonstration. ...So, when Char began to bid on him fiercely, I really didn't think much about it. I thought she was just driving up the bids to make more money for the charity. Turns out there was this HUGE bidding war for him and the price of his date rose to astronomical levels. Needless to say, when Char won him for the price of $5,200, I almost fell off the chair. Now, I know she doesn't have that kind of money. Heck, she can't even afford to pay her electric bill most months. Why was I surprised when the DJ asked her name and she proclaimed to all "Elizabeth Bennet" with a huge smile? Then she produced a check and ran up on stage. She set me up - again. Did I mention Charlotte is in hot water with me this week? LOL
So friends, I ask myself, now what am I going to do? The date is bound to be torturous. Hey, I have an idea ... how about a boxing lesson. Muhahaha.
Well - here I am conceding that Mr. December - who thou shall thusly be named so forevermore - burned the floor yesterday. So this is for him, SHeDaisy's "Santa's Got a Brand New Bag"
Song on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_-C11_LbYI
Just in case you're wondering about the song Mr. December danced to for his audition, well here it is. And let me state for the record Elvis shaking his pelvis has absolutely nothing over Calendar-Boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWVMXLSS1cA
Just in case you're wondering about the song Mr. December danced to for his audition, well here it is. And let me state for the record Elvis shaking his pelvis has absolutely nothing over Calendar-Boy
I'm guessing, Charlotte is in cahoots with Mr. Preppy! Yummy abs on that cover.. can I have a lick? I can only wish I had the fund to bid on one of the HOT men!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your bowling date! This could be it! Have fun!
Hi Kayenne! I think Charlotte is always in cahoots with her new man. I'm not allowed to read her blog posts, so I just wonder ...
DeleteThat event was hot, and we made tons of money for the charity. I hope you were able to get a ticket. Thanks for good wishes. I haven't bowled in forever, but I'm optimistic for the date. He seems very nice. ~L
He didn't? He sang to you that song in front of his Aunt? wooooo drooling here
ReplyDeleteYour not the girl you were when you date that crumb Lucas! Your a BEAUTIFUL Intelligent Kind and Compassionate successful 29 year old woman. Enjoy your date with Mr December. I'll lay money on his date being far more exciting and eventful then bond trader "David" :D
Now how to I get a ticket to the photo shoot on _____? This grandma would like to oogle the men.
Someone Else Mother
Hi SEM!! Yup, he sang to me and I was mortified, maybe even close to horrified when I became the spotlight of everyones speculation if I, BADCO's representative was shagging one of the calendar men. Oh, it put me in such a bad light, especially since one of the Foundation's board members was present.
DeleteI'm not sure if I'll actually go on the date with Mr. December. I'm thinking of finding a way out of it. I'm looking forward to my date with David.
Thank you so much, and if I can I'll find a way to send you a calendar. See you soon. ~L
What? Char set you up? Why not make her go out with him? Oh, I know that Preppy would not stand for that but where did she get the money? Did she give them a business check?
ReplyDeleteWhat a friend! Well, make the most of it and hopefully it will not come to blows. Wishing you luck with number 17!
Char is so evil and such a good friend. Good luck with Mr. 17. I'm thinking you'll have more fun with Mr. December
ReplyDeleteLiz! I was there! I threw my $20's at guys right and left! Oh wow girl, can you throw a party or what? My head is still spinning. I can hardly focus on what you are writing here. But sister, if you have a date with #12...GO FOR IT! I don't care who paid. It's just one date! And it's for charity after all. Live a little. Okay...I know he did insult you almost past the point of no return...but try not to think of that. I mean someone paid $5200 smackeroos for a date with Mr. Dimples-hard body and you get to go! Make him take you some place really great! Ooooooh! Take Chocolate and more Chocolate! Oh...I almost forgot. Congrats on your date with Mr. Goldman Sachs. Sorry if I can't get excited over that one yet. It's just the guys at the audition have me wantin a "Little Less Conversation??"
ReplyDelete~Jen Red~
Jen, glad to get some first hand feedback about what was happening outside - can't complain I was backstage prepping the men. We could have made more money auctioning that task off! Hey Liz maybe that is an idea to raise some more money? Auction off putting the oil on their chests? It was all a girl could do to remain professional with all that male hotness surrounding me. Somehow I managed, but I was a puddle of mush at home that night (and alone…suppose that was a good thing, if I had a partner trying to explain why my brain was so addled would not have been easy :)).
ReplyDeleteSo Liz you found out he wasn't lying about his 'other' job - I had suggested a Google search but at least you found out before you meet him again. Mr Goldman Sachs sounds OK, but he wasn't on stage winking at you! The Captain wondered what was going on (I asked him how things went after the show and he said he had never seen Mr Dec ever take an interest in anyone like that). I do think your Mr December date will be a bit more than you expect - just don't lose a lens so you go in with your eyes open - and here is another suggestion - no lists that night leave them at home!!! Char might have just done you a big favour so go with the flow for once!
I was there too! I think I've thrown this month whole salary on those men! LOL And goodness girl, if Mr. December had danced to me I'd be in heaven! Trying to embarrass you? He was trying t oseduce you, if you ask me! Enjoy your date with him and try to hold a conversation to see if you have something in common, maybe you'll be surprised.
ReplyDeleteSee ya
Best advice I ever got: it's just one date!
ReplyDeleteI was not sure at all about going on one date with my husband. And more than just being a romantic match, he's my best friend, my confidant, my equal and my partner. And all I had to do was give him one date.
Of course the same goes with all other potential dates, including #17.
I wish I could have seen the auditions though! I'm confused as to how you could think that dancing provocatively in front of 650 horny women was an attempt to provoke you. Surely he has better uses of his time, or maybe it was rather there was only one lady there he *wanted* to dance for and is done trying to converse with. In fact, maybe he's just not good with words.
It sounds like he might enjoy doing something physical with you.....like kickboxing, yes I definitely mean kickboxing. ;) Honestly, why not? Get him out of his comfort zone, as he's done with you many times now, and show him what you're really made of. You've made it clear that you don't care that he's not attracted to you, so why not attempt to beat the crap out of him and be sweaty. And then he'll be....comfortably attired as well so at least your eyes will get a feast worth the annoyance.
But congrats on what sounds like it was an awesome day for fundraising for the Burn Foundation! I love reading your confidence in your professional life, you should let some of that out in other parts too.
Perfectly said Rose: "your confidence in your professional life, you should let some of that out in other parts too."
DeleteSomeone Else Mother
I hope things go great with bond trader but I gotta say bowling is not very romantic for a first date. I think Mr. December might be really into you. Maybe you two can start over on that date. Neither of you made a good impression the first go round.
ReplyDeleteKara M.
Hi Liz , I'm glad I have two appointments with hot man # 17 and number 12 , Mr December.
ReplyDeleteLook at the symbolism of the numbers you have chosen or have touched you , if I were you , I would very seriously.
The symbolism of the number 12
Twelve is a sacred number .
In mythology and in some religions , such as Judaism , for a woman 's 12th birthday indicates the entry into adulthood is celebrated with the ritual Bar Mitzvah . The 12 also falls to Christianity because it corresponds to the multiplication of the Trinity by the 4 cardinal points. The number 12 appears 189 times in the Bible , from the sons of Ishmael to the governors of King Solomon, and 7 in the Qur'an. In Sanskrit , the sacred language of Hinduism , the Sun has 12 names , while in Japanese cosmology is the creator of 12 sitting cushions.
Populations with 12 basis
There are still people who have not received the 10 and all measures were calculated based on 12: for example, the tribes of the Niger Delta , in Africa, in chepal languages in Nepal and Mahl in Minicoy Island , India. The people of the Elfi in the book series of the Lord of the Rings, Tolkien , is priced based on number 12 number system.
Consider this number is passive...
This passive number is considered synonymous with perfection.
12 is the number of prudence, the right balance of grace in the way ....
The number 17
It is the symbol of the obstruction. It is about madness, unfortunately tragedy. Along with the 2 is the most feared number after 13. Friday and 17 is usually a fatal combination for those who believe in superstitions.
In the United States Tuesday 13 and Friday 17 days are fewer marriages are performed, as in France and Spain.
Sorry Liz, but there's that. I hope that is helpful, I would very clear.
keeping my fingers crossed for a successful date with Mr. December, with you two misunderstanding each other at every turn, I'm not so sure
ReplyDeleteThe Big dB first in line for a calendar, I love it!
Well, you beat me out, for the date with Mr. hottie December! My husband put a $5000 limit on me, and that was only if I would agree to 'favors'! I told him what a good cause it was for, but he wasn't hearing any of it. I would be glad to be your stand-in should you decide to wimp out on your date.
ReplyDeleteOooh! You have a bowling date with the man from the dating event, and now you've been tricked into a date with Mr December? You lucky girl ;)
ReplyDeleteYou know you like him, give him another chance!
I'm curious though, do you know where the check came from?
Maja