HAPPY 2014!!
Hello Friends! I hope this New Year is filled with health and happiness and that dreams come true for you all.
Well, you all heard from my bashert on Christmas Day and he did promise you an update from me tomorrow, but I was excited so I'm posting a little early with tons of wonderful news to kick start our year. First of all - a HUGE thanks to everyone who followed our journey from good, to bad, to incredible!
Let me begin today's post by telling you that Jane made a beautiful bride and Charlie looked so handsome and so in love. They both succeeded in ignoring my mother by surrounding themselves with the love and support of all the other guests who cheered for Baby Bingley's expected arrival on the scene on Friday, June 13th. I kid you not. My niece or nephew is going to have an awesome life!
“Marry me. I love you.” Yes he did!!
Only I seemed to have misunderstood him and thought he was inviting me for a post ceremony, hot shag upstairs, thinking he said, “Meet me in the room.”
Imagine his surprise when I promptly grabbed his hand, pulling him into the elevator, barely able to keep my hands off him. Once in the room, stripped down to our birthday suits, he said, "We can do it tonight - with the minister."
I said, "Ew, I don't want to do it with the minister."
With a pout to his beautiful mouth, he asked, "Don't you want to do it? I don't want to wait."
"Baby, trust me, I have no intention of waiting."
He said, "How about tomorrow on New Year's day."
I said between kisses, "You can count on it."
He said, "I can invite my aunt and the Reynolds to join us."
I looked at him and laughed, "Are you serious? I have no intention of including them."
"Why not? It wouldn't be the first time either have witnessed a Darcy union."
I pulled back and looked at him earnestly, "You are serious. No thanks. I might be daring, but I draw the line on that! The only one witnessing a Darcy/Bennet union will be baby Darcy from his birds-eye view."
"What? Who is baby Darcy?"
I chuckled at the exact moment of our "union," and promptly told him, "That little Christmas gift you gave me to be delivered via stork around September."
My love's face beamed and after long, incredible kisses of joy and delight he said, "So, it's a good thing I asked you to marry me when I did."
Imagine my surprise - and his - when I asked, "When did you ask me to marry you?"
We're taking the plunge on Valentine's Day
Oh, BTW - My Mr. December has now met all 36 point criterias. The last: must be loving husband and father.
Last and final song - because I received so many gifts this month. By Jim Brinkman "The Gift"
Song on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKa7MIEKA2I
Thank you friends! Watch this blog because you never know just what sort of updates I might pop in with. 2014 and beyond are going to be magical. Big Hugs to you all.
Lucky day for me! I'm sitting here awaiting 3 cakes to finish baking... and yes, it is New Year now... I was actually mixing the batter when the clock struck 12!
ReplyDeleteI'm sooooooooo deliriously fantastically happy for you both! Both for the stork coming to visit and for the upcoming wedding! Did I mention I was born on a 13th also? Very lucky us, Liz!
And if your misunderstandings follow tonight's track... geez... such FUN you both will have! ;)
Have a great year ahead!
Hey Liz! Thanks for the update! I am so excited for both of you! A wedding and a baby! Please don't forget about us out here in cyberspace. WE WANT PICTURES!!!!! Love it! Love Love! Happy New Year! ~Jen Red~
ReplyDeletePS The song was perfect! I'm playing keyboards and singing at a private party tonight...I think I'll see if I can download the lead sheet and include it in the mix! Have a good one!
That dialogue must have been rather puzzling for you girl! I hope he wasn't very disappointed when he realised you did not consider yourself engaged and that he made a proper proposal to rectify this!
ReplyDeleteHa. That's awesome! What a funny misunderstanding. Please know that if you don't follow up with us in February and April and June And then at least two updates between July and your wedding day we will come find you.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, good luck, best wishes to both of you.
Oh wow! Congratulations! At least you have a funny story about how you became engaged.
ReplyDelete-Linnea
Well now, this little misunderstanding has a good ending--a baby, a marriage proposal and a weeding date. Woo-Hoo! Congrats and we would really be honored if you share with us your special days with an update periodically. YOU can't leave us here "cold turkey",LOL!
ReplyDeleteAll the best --good luck
~O
Congratulations! It's a happy beginning rather than an ending - what a great start to 2014!
ReplyDeleteYours and the Bingley progeny are going to ask some interesting questions as they get older...
Congrats to both of you! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLittle Darcy! a christmas present. :) So happy for the two of you congratulations and Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteSomeone Else Mother . . . good night