Oh, Lordy ! I can't stop laughing. Although I am sorry for Lizzy, I can't just stop thinking about the conversation she and I just had. I don't have enough wine left in the house to even come close to calming down after that, so I figured I'd just try to relax my hysteria with a few minutes online and look where I ended up - on her blog!
Well, I don't know if she's gonna publicly admit to her little -BIG- faux pas, but in case she doesn't (too embarrassed Miss Ad Ex?) you'll hear it from me first. 'Cause you just know I have to document the fact that even Lizzy Bennet can screw up! She had a Typo! SPF seeking SPF!!! I knew she was nervous about placing an Ad, but that's a lapse even nerves can't account for. - Sorry to say it dearie, but those nerves are worthy of YOUR mother! - Still laughing here and Lord knows I hope she still is too. Given the fact that I'm the one blogging tonight and not her means either she's too drunk to do so or she's absolutely mortified to admit to the fact that everyone in New York City now thinks she's a lesbian.
Well, with that said, it's good to know she is not the only woman out there looking for a holiday romance, right? And there are lots possibilities! Maybe she shouldn't be so fussy, ya know, new horizons? All right, all right, I'm JK, but this one may require a trip downstairs for a bottle of something. I really have work to do tonight but I hope Lizzy knows that if she's bored she does have some interesting offers from several available women tonight? Hee-Hee!
Advice to my beloved Lezzy - I mean Lizzy - Oh, dahlink, just move on. Sorry, still laughing here. Better sign off. And for the record, I love ya too, but honey, no sex, k? L, Char
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs5I58keTY4
Oh, that is too funny. I do hope Lizzy is not too embarrassed. At least she knows she has options. LOL
ReplyDeleteShe should give the personals another try with the correct initials. :)
I'm thinking she may forgo that avenue at the moment. My girl seems almost predestined to think its her lousy luck that's the problem. And let's just say it wasn't an auspicious beginning to the dating dilemma. But I gotta tell you, some of those women sounded kind of interesting .... well, not for her, or me for that matter, but see, even girl on girl, its not that easy to meet the right person. New perspective, eh? Thanks friend, Char
Deleteohhh... poor girl! i can't stop giggling either! i hope her bosses won't get wind that she goofed right there - they might rethink her next promotion! tee hee hee... well, we've all had endured such mortification one time or another...
ReplyDeleteHer boss is a sweetheart and thinks of Liz as the daughter he wishes he had. Plus, he knows how untypical this is for her so I imagine he will cut her a huge amount of slack. He'd probably say "Better she screw up there than on a major campaign like FDBF". But yeah, she's sure to have some repercussions and Liz, even 'Unlucky Liz' as she calls herself, doesn't do well with mortification. though come to think of it, she should have learned to deal with a certain amount of embarrassment by now. And she does have a great sense of humor, so after she decided not to crawl in a hole, we laughed our asses off, unstoppable laughter, you know, the kind only children and well buzzed adults can laugh like. Pretty silly. As far as being used to minor humiliations, well Liz has survived the Master Class just growing up in her Mother's house, trust me on that! Thanks Kayenne! Love, Char
DeleteOh, Lizzy! Well, don't let one false start keep you out of the game! ::Insert other sports metaphors here that seem applicable since you kick box and know what it's like to have to work hard for results::
ReplyDeleteIif anyone recognizes the pic with a correct ad and can't put two and two together then why bother with them! The right one will probably think it's funny and get a good laugh out of it, not at your expense but because it's just something so human that we can all relate to! And you did want a man with a sense of humor!
Great Point Rose! Whoever sees that ad and knows or meets Liz will just laugh. And a sense of humor is so important. Little screw ups are the building blocks of a good life, right? I'm not sure if Liz will jump right back on the personal ad merry-go-round so fast, but if she does give it a go again, I'm sure this will be a really good lesson: Use the Alphabet very carefully! And where does it say that just because a girl, or a guy, for that matter who isn't with someone longtime is Gay? What happened to "Girlfriends" and "Friends"? And like I said before, it just proves, no matter what kind of relationship you're looking for, it isn't easy for anyone to find the right person. Thanks for some great support. Love, Char
DeleteLiz??????? Is Char for real???? I hope you deleated or at least corrected the darn think by now. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt girl. We ALL make mistakes. Of course on a scale of 0-10 this was...Geez! Okay! All is not lost. There are still 23 days to go. Just get your little roundhouse together and re-group. And don't you dare fall back into that "unlucky" word. In fact...STRIKE that adjective from your personal dictionary! I expect a better progress report on tomorrow's blog. Go to GIRL! Jen Red
ReplyDeleteOh Jen, of course I'm for Real! Who could make that up??? And don't worry, she went online and left instructions to delete the ad right away, but the problem is that the sidebar advertising had picked up her photo and that may not vanish for a couple of days. She will survive. And if they pull the ad and the photo remains, that's probably some sort of good advertising right? It's not what she wanted, but it's putting her "Out There" and truly that's the point. And I do have a couple (several) different plans for Liz, but I will let her tell them from her perspective when we get there. This will Work. THIS WILL WORK! If she just puts as much focused energy into finding a guy, as she puts into everything else she does, we will have a great month. And maybe find some good guys. Hey, nobody's looking for husbands here, Just a little bit of Christmas Cheer, right? Love, Char
DeletePoor Lizzy, heres hoping, wishing and praying that no one you know saw the ad!
ReplyDeleteBetter luck next time!
Golly, I just know that's too much to ask for. I'm almost fearful of the fallout, but rest assured, I'll let you know! Thanks so much for following my blog. ~L
Delete