Hi gang! Before I get into the details of my date from hades, I feel I should tell you about the venue. We met at Bowlmor bowling alley on Pier 60 of the Chelsea Pier Sports & Entertainment Complex. Very cool place, and the ultimate hangout. There is also an ice skating rink at the pier, which I would love, love, love to go to but maybe after Christmas. If not there to skate, then Central Park for sure. Rockefeller Center, as pretty as it is under the Christmas Tree, is a little too touristy for my taste. Anyway Bowlmor is colorful, energetic and fun. There are tons of diversions and it's the perfect place for a date. So keep it in mind when you're thinking of a place to go with either someone new or your current sweetheart.
Here is their YouTube commercial "The Perfect 1st Date," effective and encouraging.
Well, bond trader was a nice guy - I think. Hard to tell since his temperament vacillated from one moment to the next toward me. One minute hot, the next cold. Of course, there was the usual ogling thing, but that's to be expected, it's not like 'my girls' aren't what they are, and he, after all, is a man. I don't wholly approve of that, but it is a reality. Truth be told, I ogled a bit too, and he did have a nicely shaped bum, too bad I had to watch it leave me - I'll get to that. So, 'David' as I had previously referred to him, I think was ill, either that or he really wasn't interested in me and wanted to spend as little time as possible in my company. Gosh, I hope that's not the case, but I'll never find out. He kept going to the men's room and each time he did - who was beside me? - you guessed it, him. I won't deny that there were moments when my palms became sweaty - definitely not helping my bowling, that's for sure. But I was on a date with another man! I wanted to get to know my date, not to mention be respectful, knowing that David was, obviously, hoping to enjoy the company of someone during the holiday season, too. It would have been rude to engage or encourage Mr. December's antagonistic behavior (which teased, taunted and attempted to fueled me on.) Besides, once again, he had a another beautiful blonde hanging all over him.
Well back to David, on his last trip to the men's room, he was gone for about ten minutes. I was about to go check on him when he came back to the lane with a red, swollen lip, his sweater was puckered and askew, and he wouldn't look me in the eye. He was all flustered, and clearly shaken when he grabbed his coat to leave. Behind him, near the bar area, stood The Terrorist with his arms folded across his chest watching my date - making sure he departed. David wouldn't tell me what happened and he just left me there, dumped on our first date. I was never so humiliated - well maybe I had been, there was my high school yearbook, but that's a story for another time. I was abandoned on my date - and feeling totally rejected. Unlucky Lizzy. Anyway, He was the cause and admitted with that smug grin of his, to hitting David. I was so angry, actually incensed that he would do such a thing - He hit someone and then ... oh god ... then in the heat of our argument ... December kissed me, and I reacted and not in a way I'm proud of. The very act I am chiding him for ... I did. *hangs head in shame*
After all that, I'm mortified to admit that I'm still amazingly attracted to him in a strange sort of verboten way. Let me explain: Do you remember as a kid when your mother would take you to a store filled with all sorts of pretty, expensive things and all you wanted to do was touch everything, feel the surface, maybe even eat or lick it? Well that's how it is with me and Mr. Hot Bod. He's eye candy, he's raw masculinity, he's too hot and dangerous to touch because - wait for it, here it comes - the palm of your mother's hand to the back of your head when you finally give into the temptation. She shouts, as if you're a dumb arse, "I said, Don't Touch!" No, the terrorist is someone I need to stay away from, if only I could, but he's always there and I'm finding myself drawn to him like a child to candy. Lick. Lick. Stop that, Lizzy! Sorry, dear gentle readers. Breathe, I remind myself. Deeeep breaths. Retreat to my Christmas happy place of the last two days. Remember the song from the day before. Grasp onto Christmas Charity and try to see the good in Mr. December. Regain my dignity. Forget about the date-beating hard body who touched you so intimately while teaching you to bowl. Focus.
I'm trying, my friends, and with your continued support and friendship I will conquer the demons lurking - both physically and mentally. I am after all The Black Widow! LOL (such a stupid name started by my trainer.) Tomorrow morning I'll hit the gym, blow off steam heat and kick butt in the ring. Poor Alex, he's not going to know why, but I'm sure he'll be so proud of my ruthless tenacity. So there you have it, my fifth attempt at finding my Christmas date, but don't worry, I'm NOT discouraged. I still have my shadchan match at the Chinese restaurant. I still have my much anticipated date with J.L on Sunday night (yes, I know you all disagree,) and I still have a date with my new friend, G's, brother. Oh, oh, oh ... I forgot to tell you, I also have a blind date coming up, someone my sister is setting me up with! See, things are positive, after all, with Charlotte working with Emma Woodhouse, who is also on the job, what could possibly go wrong? LOL Yeah, I know, that's what Harriet Smith thought, too. Darnitt!

You kissed Mr D, you go girl! Did you ask why he hit David? What was David doing "in the bathroom" all the time? There must have been a reason and what happened to his blond? So many questions.
ReplyDeleteI think you should make some lemonade here and see what December tastes like with a little sugar added. LOL.
Good luck with the rest of your dates. I just know you'll. Find the right guy.
Kara M
OH MY! A Kiss! Tell us more about the Kiss! I have to know why Mr. D hit your date too? Jealousy? Seems he is into you more than you think girlfriend.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are not discouraged about your future dates though. Surely someone with your qualities will find the perfect man. And, hey, if Mr. D is not your 'cup of tea' send him over to me. Since I moved up here from the South, I haven't found the perfect man either. :)
Looking in Brooklyn!
This. Is. Insane! You kissed that firefighter guy!!! OMG! So, basically what you're telling me is that RL is colliding with AU after all? Liz, girl, at the risk of repeating myself (and apparently everyone here) and the risk of messing up the blind date I'm trying to schedule between my brother and you - I gotta tell you: Mr. December is so hot for you, your panties must have caught fire. That can only explain why you - I'm guessing - hit him? Just shag the man already! I know I would if it was the guy picked for Mr. April - damn if he doesn't look like Superman. Hang in there kiddo. See you soon. ~Georgie
ReplyDeleteHE KISSED YOU??? OMG! I don't know if I should giggle in glee or sympathise with you... I do understand where you are coming from... were I in your shoes, I might have at least given some guy suddenly kissing me in the middle of an argument a shove... but hey... I didn't read... did he say why he mauled your date?
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't be too upset with the shortened date... this David character sounded a lil sketchy having kept going off like that without an explanation... especially leaving you just like that without so much a by-your-leave!
Looks like Mr. D is really getting into you... maybe it will be best if you will sit down with him and talk things over - over a cup of coffee... air things out... at least, you may come to some peace with him... after all, you'll probably still be seeing him for some work-related functions and stuff... it'll be good that you wold be less likely to be tense knowing he will be nearby.
Be glad you were not being matched with someone that you already call 'Uncle' (culturally out of respect - the guy being the younger brother of the wife of dad's friend) and agreed to go for coffee (with his niece and my youngest sister - playdate, both still then kids) without knowing that you were being matched already! Plus, he wanted us to share a bowl of ice cream. (Me: Uh, no thanks!) UGH!
I want to know more about that kiss too! Seeing you have been thinking so much about him - had you thought about how it would be to kiss him? Did it live up to up - hang the circumstances.
ReplyDeleteI think you need to find out the truth about David - multiple trips to the bathroom when you are on a first date? Seems like his mind wasn't totally with you. It's not a name that sits well with me - while I am sure there are some nice ones out there (including a close relative), I had a bad experience with one once. I'm still pitching for Mr December - I can't see him resorting to heavy tactics unless there was a good reason...
Ann! I had a bad experience with a David as well. and a John....ick! LOL
DeleteI'm with Ann, here, Liz. From a man's perspective, we just don't haul off and punch someone without good reason. Maybe you should read between the lines of Mr. D's kiss. Sounds to me like he's madly in love with you. He's probably just as afraid as you are. Us guys tend to go about things all wrong, I just hope you give him some slack. Is it possible that this bond trader guy was a loser and Mr. D was playing Knight in Shining Armor or felt protective of you? Rather than clinging to your beliefs that his intentions toward you are less than noble, get back to that Christmas optimism and tell us what that kiss felt like.
Deletecaveman
Yes, Liz, inquiring minds want to know....How did the kiss feel to you?
DeleteHave you ever been asked that question? Hugs or Kisses? Well a hot kiss, in my book, is the better choice.
Ann, Caveman and Elicia,
DeleteI concede there must have been some reason. I will make inquiries Saturday night when I see Charlotte. It is possible that Rick confided in her.
As for the kiss - what can I say? I was blinded by my anger, humiliated in yet another rejection while passionately delivering my outspoken words. All along remaining confused and betrayed by my sexual attraction to him, - YET - his kiss was amazing. It left me breathless.
Another rejection? I thought you blamed Mr. D for BT"s departure? And it certainly sounds like there is a man most decidedly not rejecting you and seemingly near you all the time!
DeleteBut it's so awful that an amazing kiss had to happen in such awful circumstances. As much as I can argue for Mr. D's better virtues, it sounds like he might be a bit of a barbarian at times.
Liz
DeleteYes I agree he hit someone there is never a good reason to hit anyone. Mr D should be cast aside and forgotten, put him out of your mind, there are NO redeeming qualities in this man at all!
He is just some wastrel that risks his life to save others and their belongings. He actually wanted to hold a conversation with you and not just watch you as you read from your list of questions. He bravely danced for you in front of his Aunt, fellow firefighters do you know the razing the man is going to get and it was all for you! So throw him out don’t give him chance. :]
Someone Else Mother
It seems like you noticed more about Mr. December than your date, who seemed to not spend much time with you and yet December did, despite an allegedly gorgeous bimbo hanging on him. Where was his date while he was teasing and taunting you...and apparently teaching you how to bowl? Why don't you actually confront Mr. December about these games he's playing and what happened with your date.
ReplyDeleteI know you don't have a great opinion of Mr. December based off of some ill timed and hung over words, the speed date encounter (still thinking the list needed to go) and then his dance performance, which I still don't see what was so bad about, but is there any thing that would give you just cause to think that he would be violent for no reason? Bond Trader could be a serial killer or a man whore or a drug user. 3 minutes is nothing to judge him off of, whereas Mr. December must have some honor and integrity- he's a fireman!
I desperately want to know more about the kiss too! I dearly love my H but a 'first kiss' story is always exhilarating to hear about!
Better luck with the next date!
Liz, loving your blog. Makes me so happy I'm married and not looking. David was up to something. Normal people just don't run to the bathroom constantly, unless they're 8 months pregnant. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteAnd I quote..."YET - his kiss was amazing. It left me breathless." Singing Hi C on my end of Cyber space. Yikes! Liz! What's going on here? So you almost hate the man, aside from the sexual attraction, minor detail. Still, he keeps getting under your skin. First body oil, now breathless. Now I'm not trying to defend anyone, given I don't know either party, but a firefighter hitting a civi sounds like something was very fishy in Denmark when he made that call. Stop...need more information about said fireman...Stop...need more information about Mr. Bond. Well maybe not Bond, since he was inconsitant and left you hanging on the first date. It's a tough call. I know...maybe you SHOULD cash in your date with #12 at the gym and wip his sorry you know what in the ring.. You set the rules...No talking, no kissing, just roundhouse after roundhouse, throw in a couple of side kicks, knifehands etc. Give yourself a chance to take out your frustration on that guy! And...once you demolish the grinch.... maybe...things will improve! Who knows, maybe he won't be so bad once you pummel him. Thinking positive here. Meanwhile...more dates are coming and I am so happy to read that you are NOT discouraged. I'm so proud of you for hanging in there, girlfriend! One of these guys IS going to turn out. I know it. ~Jen Red~
ReplyDeleteMaybe your date had the runs?? And that's why he kept 'running' to the restroom and had to 'run' out on you?? But yes, I'd be curious to know Mr. December's version of events. I don't think he'd be roughing up your date if he was just sick in the toilet. As for Mr. December's kiss, sounds like he has the hots for you but his approach is just not paying off. And you seem to be just reacting to him versus thinking about your resolution to be civil to him. Just food for thought.
ReplyDeleteEnjoying your blog by the way. Having some dating issues myself so its nice to read I'm not the only one!
- AnotherLiz
Liz, I totally agree with what you have written Caveman. Think about it. Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteGirl, it sounds like Mr. Grinch is stalking you. Why did he punch your date? WHY did you kiss him? If you don't run away now, I think you should turn the tables and start stalking him. In disguise, of course.
ReplyDelete-Peaches
Ohhh, I like this idea - only wait until after Christmas when you aren't worried about trying to find a date.
Delete-Linnea