Merry Christmas and Happy Ever After!
That's right, ours will go down as a love affair to make history books - or at least one of those chick flicks on the Lifetime Movie Network or the Hallmark Channel - not that I, Fitzwilliam Darcy, aka Mr. Grinch and Mr. December, would ever watch those channels. The guys at the West End Cave would have a field day with that!
So, my beautiful Liz asked me to blog with my feelings and thoughts on this whole mushuggeneh process we went through. She also wanted me to tell you Merry Christmas and thank you from the bottom of her heart. Thank you for your thoughts, cheers and your good wishes. Thank you for following her through her maddening attempt to find Mr. Wonderful - when all along I was here for the taking. LOL jk. Hey I might not have been perfect, but I was enamored and completely determined to win Liz's love. Anyway, she'll be back on January 1st to tell you about her sister's wedding and Charlotte will be back next week following Jane's bachelorette party (I don't want to know anything about that!)
Our most important thanks goes to everyone of our "matchmakers" who worked tirelessly to bring us together without ever a harsh word. Their diligence paid off ten fold, because not only did Liz and I fall in love, but so did Rick and Charlotte, and Charlie and Jane patched up their misunderstandings. Heck, even my cousin, Anne found some fun and excitement - just ask Mr. June. I think you ladies refer to him as "Hose Monster."
If you ask me, I'd say that this was one hell of a lucky month. Even 'The Cave's" new probie, Sanchez, found love when he hooked up with Charlie's sister. I can't help but think that the planets were actually in alignment for that one.
Waking up this morning with Liz in my arms was the most incredible feeling. Making pancakes with her and feeding them to her in bed was the next, giving her the emerald Tiffany earrings the third. To go to Presbyterian Hospital's Burn Center with her today as Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus was amazing. She was a natural and her compassion, exuberance and joy was felt by everyone. The kids loved her and so do I! Her love is my never-ending Christmas gift.
I know she didn't mention the details of the earrings, and how I gave them to her, I guess she was afraid to kiss and tell. What I will tell you: the livingroom was aglow with only the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree, George Winston's piano filled the room, but all I heard was my heart pounding in my ears when I handed her the earrings. We were laying beside the tree, with a warm, gas fire burning in the hearth. My Liz looked like an angel, her emerald eyes sparkling. It was when she said, “My heart is open to yours and my mind is optimistic about forever," I knew that was the moment to give her her gift. She cried. I did too, and that's all I'll say about that.
In the span of less than a month, we've come far Liz and I, somehow healing the wounds and soothing the ragged scars acquired during our lives, some inflicted by others, some created by circumstance. To obtain what we set out to achieve, we both had done things we never imagined doing. If you asked me a year ago if I'd ever dance half-nude on stage to Elvis while hundreds of women screamed around me, I would have thought you insane! But truth is - I did it for Liz. Besides the obvious fundraising for the Foundation, Liz is the reason I agreed to the calendar campaign, just so I could be near her at every event and help make her ad campaign a success. Not that her talents need my help, but I wanted to do everything I could to assist her.
Liz's whirlwind dating and an important reunion with JL was an illuminating experience for which I am thankful. In the end, she realized that she had found her Christmas date for the next sixty or so years! ME!!
Yes, and I found my Christmas spirit, now deeply embedded in my heart and soul, allowing me to feel, cherish, share and rejoice in EVERYDAY. Her love - gave me that!
Was it considered luck or lucky that evening when I went with Rick to watch the Rockefeller tree light and meet Liz? I don't think so. I think it was plain and simple destiny, written in the stars - or in heaven, maybe on the pages of one of those Jane Austen romance novels, but it was definitely embodied in the full moon when magical things happen. We found the other half of our heart that night and I know unequivocally that:
Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy were destined be together from the beginning of time. It just took a FDNY firefighter muscle calendar to bring us together and make it happen- that and a little matchmaking.
Well, I've got to go now, Liz promised a special Christmas dessert and she's in the bedroom waiting for me. ;)
Our Song: "You're All I Want for Christmas" by Frankie Laine
Song Here, Too: Link
Don't you know, anyone can read what you blog? teehee. You put it out there, big boy, and people are going to read it and comment. Tiffany's? Destined to be your vife? Hmmm, not such a bad prospect at all!
ReplyDeleteI love you, Will. Merry Christmas, baby. All I really wanted for Christmas, in my heart of hearts, had always been you - from the start.
In the words of my aunt, "I MUST have my share in the conversation!" Merry Christmas everyone. I gotta tell you about my day with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Apart from the fact that I tripped getting off the elevator at Presbyterian's Burn Center floor, the day was awesome. Even the fall to the tiling had a benefit, because one of the doctors making rounds helped me up, cleaned my forehead and asked me for a date! Blonde, tall, dreamy ... well enough about my stupendous luck, lets get back to the topic at hand - the love birds.
ReplyDeleteLiz and I sat on the floor of the reception waiting room with all the other children while Will played Santa, all dressed in his costume and everything, a gig we had done together for the past five years. Liz wore a matching santa hat and I wore my usual green elf hat with the red pompom. The kids loved her and one little guy was fascinated by her green eyes and earrings, telling her that her eyes were on her ears. It was too cute! Anyhoo, Will took out his guitar and played and sang for the children. Aw, who am I kidding, he was playing for Liz. Singing to her. Sure the kids enjoyed it, but the two of them never took their eyes off each other. Will sang the song from Polar Express (who knew he even knew this song) "Believe" and when he winked at Liz during the verse:
Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
You have everything you need
If you just believe
She beamed. I saw her blow him a kiss. In the words of this Sadie woman, even I became verklempt. Thanks matchmakers and thanks blog commenters, you really helped change the lives of two lonely people. NOW, the big question is - do I have to move out?? Damn. Hey, I know, maybe my cousin Anne and I can move into Liz's place on West End Avenue. I hear she has a view of the Hudson River. ~Georgie
Ta Ta! Hope your New Year is Groovy!
All's well that ends well... Merry Christmas y'all!
ReplyDeleteHi Kayenne! Are you breathing now after your bake-off? Cookies all gone? Next year you'll chuck the whole endeavor because you will have pancakes to attend to. I just know it! I'll send you Sadie's telephone number.
DeleteMerry Christmas, my friend. Thank you for everything.
HEA! That's my cup of HOT CHOCOLATE! Ya'all sure to us on a wild ride! Loved the blog, loved the songs, LOVED the CALENDAR!!!! Let's face it...LOVE ROCKS! ~Jen Red~
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Jen! Thanks for all your love this season. Looks like I found myself a man just like yours and you are right LOVE ROCKS. Now take my advice, use the chocolate creatively. ;)
DeleteLove ya girlfriend!
Caveman, I hope you still feel this way after you meet the Bennets at Jane's wedding.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you Liz and Will! I agree, finding the love of your life is destiny, not luck. Every path you took, every scar made, every tear cried and every laugh brought you together at just the right moment. There will be ups and downs, but having that unconditional love is the most amazing thing in the world! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you! :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Maja
Great day to celebrate new beginnings. Merry Christmas to all three of you!
ReplyDelete-Linnea
Merry Christmas and many, many, many Happy New Years! Congratulations and best wishes!
ReplyDeleteReads like both of you are having your happiest and merriest Christmas ever - congratulations! So how long until the Caveman has his next shift and how long until Liz is moving in forever?
ReplyDeleteVery happy for you both
Ahhh What a Merry Christmas ending. Will Darcy, you are a rock star! You both will be having a very very happy New Year, no doubt. Keep us posted please on how the year ended for you both.
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously Will, I don't know what I was implying about Lefties, but thanks for the personalized calendar. I'll treasure it. ;)
Thank you for sharing your roads to happiness Liz and Fitzwilliam Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteSomeone Else Mother
Day After Christmas Update: Yes, and of course, I'm the one to give it! As happy as I am for my bro and Liz, I'm moving out! I'm going uptown to Liz's apartment because the noise coming from Will's bedroom is driving me insane. Sheesh, don't these two have work to go to or something better to do with their time. JK! I know, I know, having gone through what they have to find one another, I can't really blame them - THAT doesn't mean I have to listen to them. Not to mention I wanted some yummy whipped cream on my hot cocoa this morning and it's curiously M.I.A.
ReplyDeleteI'm outta here. Happy New Year, Liz's Peeps. :)
What a riot! I am glad you did not undertake a search for the whipped cream. I think of the three of you, only you would have been embarrassed. Your bro and our Liz don't seem to have a shy bone among them.
DeleteCongratulations! So very happy for you both and you've received the best Christmas gift anyone could ever receive and that's the love for each other. Cherish it always!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
~O