My dear dating enthusiasts! Well, you've followed my posts for about fifteen days now and you are quite familiar with Mr. December, his beautiful blue eyes, his hard body, and his breathtaking smile. You have also been made aware of my negative opinions of him as well. So, let me tell you about today's adventure.
You might be surprised to learn that I had decided to ask my kickboxing trainer, to lunch today. I was prepared for him to say no, given the fact that we have an excellent rapport in the ring and it has been professional for sometime, but in the spirit of leaving no stone unturned in finding my Christmas date, I decided it couldn't hurt to see if there was any interest on his part. He's handsome, witty, and he's definitely focused on his health, not to mention I do like the fact that he's a patient man and a good teacher. And, he always humors me when I pull out my list of moves I'd like to learn during each session. I admit, I have a problem with lists, but cut me some slack - I can't work on everything at once!
I reminded myself, "When the going gets tough, the tough gets going." I need to be clear here: I've NEVER asked a man out on a date before. This is the level I am prepared to stoop to my friends!
Why? Because my mother had left me six messages in the course of three days, because apparently she thinks I'll be showing up for Christmas dinner with my new fiance - Mr. December! Did I mention I hate Eyewitness News?!
So, there I was ready for my workout today and who the heck is standing in the ring? You guessed it, Mr. I'm Going to Annoy You Until_?__ To make matters worse, the man who I was prepared to ask out on a date, must have been in cahoots with him. They both set me up.
This was how I felt: (scene from my favorite movie)
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the opportunity to administer some serious payback in the ring, especially after last night's bowling episode at the Bowlmor. You well know I have been itching to get Mr. December in the ring with me since my very first acquaintance with him. I just didn't expect him to be such a willing victim and a good sport given the black eye he is most likely now sporting.
Anyway, I'm red-faced in telling you that I lost our fight. He pulled some crazy-arse submission move on me, and I had no recourse but to tap out. Our fight felt good, rewarding and it unexpectedly release boo-ku amounts of pent up anger at him for previous insults. That spontaneous reflex smack I gave him last night was nothing compared to the beat down he received by the sole of my foot. (tee-hee)
Never once did he complain and he gave back as good as he received. I'm sure of that. I felt as though he respected me in the ring. He didn't make chauvinistic "female concessions" and he fought me like an equal competitor - two things that right away showed me his previous sexist comments weren't such at all. (Yes, I will reconsider the 'other' distasteful things as well.)
In an alternate universe, as I explained previously to G, he and I could be quite compatible. I had been thinking that, particularly with the memory of his lips against mine last night and then today with his entire body draped over me until I submitted to his victory. I'd be lying to you if I didn't say I was 100 percent turned on. Nay, 150 percent.
So, what was the end result of our little roll on the mats? Alex made us agree to go on a date. That was the prize - if he won, I'd have to go to dinner with him on Thursday the 19th. If I won, I'd never see him again apart from the FD Burn calendar events. Needless to say Thursday, the 19th...
What shall I wear? What shall I do? Can I survive it? Is he really interested? How can he be after all that has passed between us? He said he is honorable - I'll hold onto that - I'll believe that - for the moment, right? Will in the end I only be rejected? Am I willing to take this chance? Questions, questions! I guess I'll know all of the answers that day.
Until then I have to put my focus on organizing the Calendar's launch party on the 20th (very excited about the venue of the NYC Fire Museum.)
I also have to find a suitable outfit for the event as well as a gown for the Foundation's Annual Holiday Gala on Sunday night. Lots to do - so little time!
Well my holiday revelers here's our little song for today: It's highly unlikely that you will ever get me to admit the reason for choosing this song but given how LIBERATED I feel by that smack down today, I feel brave enough to post Christina Aguilera's "This Year."
Song on YouTube: This Year - YouTube

"He pulled some crazy-arse submission move on me, and I had no recourse but to tap out" ? Explain this comment please. The this comment: "with his entire body draped over me until I submitted to his victory." I thought kick boxing was a standing sport ? Really have no knowledge of the sport.
ReplyDelete150 percent eh Liz, Sometimes your body know better then our mind? 18 of your 36 lol I think you've never had some meet 5 of them in the past. A date at last I am so glad you've relented but not until next Thursday? :( Well this mom is rooting for you and what is best for you. :D
Someone Else Mother
.
Hi SEM! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. As you can understand, it was a rough one for me. A tumult of conflicting feelings which only today seem to be clicking in place, and yes, it seems I should have been listening to my body days ago.
DeleteMy trainer pulled a fast one on me - opening up our match to all sorts of Mixed Martial Arts moves, Karate, Muay Tai, Jiu Jitsu, boxing, kickboxing, anything he had taught me. His reasoning was to help develop my knowledge when faced - in an attack - with any of these forms. It was actually an excellent lesson and the arm hold that Mr. D used was perfected by a woman in MMA! He promised to teach me how to do it :) Oh, yeah, I am now looking forward to doing it.
Thursday ... I am so nervous. I hope both he and I can put our best foot forward and get to know one another without all our prides and prejudices. Thanks, Mom!
Not sure if you calling me Mom is a good thing or a bad? I'm going to hope that it is Good. :D I was just thinking about Mr Dec that shiner will be there all week? Oh the women at the calendar signing are going to be all pampering etc not to mention his Aunt yikes.
DeleteSEM
Sweet Liz. Guys don't try this hard if they are not interested. I don't know if this is your HEA but give him a shot.
ReplyDeleteKaraM
Ooooo! You had to submit but you were turned on???? Sounds promising to me. Hope the date allows you to get to know him better. Anyone who can tame The Black Widow has to have some good qualities, other than his blue eyes and gorgeous body. I am talking character here!
ReplyDeleteI suppose you are still going out with your abuser and can't talk you out of that. Just make sure that you don't fall for any of his previous lies again. He sounds like a real loser to me. Just saying . . .
Hi Anon! I agree wholeheartedly. I've got to see what this man is MADE OF inside, cause Lawd knows I've seen and felt the outside. I was impressed today. It was a start. He showed me respect as a proficient, powerful woman. I'm not foolish enough to think he gave me the full force of his fist, but he did give it to me hard and that was important.
DeleteAw, let's not call Johnny an abuser. He cheated - does that make him an abuser? No, just young, dumb and full... you know the crude term. He's promised a wonderful date to do something very special. He said he spent a lot of money in preparation, so I'm really optimistic. Let's hope he's a new man. Thanks ~L
Hey Liz! What did I say about getting in the ring with that guy for some payback....little did I expect to login and find that you unknowingly took my advice. Even if he did win, he's got the black eye so I would call that a fair trade. Wow, you have so much going on between now and Xmas that I can hardly keep track of all your adventures. Love that "no stone unturned" attitude and obviously you are going with the flow since Thurs. is dinner with Mr. Dec. Meanwhile...date with JL...(hope it turns out nice in spite of the warning label on the box- you deserve to be treated well just to make up for past offenses.) And you still have the matchmaker, sister's blind date, I forget if blind date with Cello G's Bro came through... What else? A Gala...Do you ever sleep???? Whatever...I think you are doing great! Oh...sorry about the "mom" thing. She sounds scary. Have a great weekend! ~Jen Red~
ReplyDeleteThat was probably the first lucky thing to happen to me, Jen. Believe me, I didn't arrange it. My first thought was that he wanted payback for my slapping him, but that wasn't the case at all. I'm sure of that. I feel bad about marring that beautiful face, but his blue eyes will still shine through.
DeleteI have to say, this dating idea is on full force, thanks to Charlotte. She gets all the credit for arranging everything, but she's been a little hard to reach the last couple of days, so I think I'm on my own for now. You know, she's busy with Preppy. I haven't heard from G about her brother yet, but I'll shoot her an email on Monday as just a follow up. She hasn't been on the blog in a couple of days, so maybe she's tying up Finals.
Thanks for the vote of support. I'm trying to hang in there and hope for a positive outcome!
Oohh.. one HOT date to look forward too... definitely! If nothing else, you already find him attractive and admitted that in an alternate universe, you both will be quite compatible! Maybe Thursday night will be a new beginning for you two - in honor of the upcoming new year.. and of course, in the spirit of Christmas. ;-)
ReplyDeleteBesides, anyone who can beat me in my own game (or sport, as your MMA) rates high in my book. You can always settle arguments fairly in the ring, so to speak. See, it already got you a date!
As for me, I'm also looking forward to a date... with my oven! Back to work... have fun!
Let's hope it's at least amiable, Kayenne. So long as we don't fight, that'll make me happy. I'm hoping for the best. We'll see.
DeleteI love your idea, Kayenne! Did you know that that is number 34 on my list? Wow. *Must be willing to step in the ring.
Are you baking, again? No blind date this week? My trainer is single and he loves cookies. I'll see what I can arrange for you. Thanks honey
Bravo for you, Liz. It sounds to me that you going to attempt to see Mr. D in a better light, and give him a chance. I admire your submission to listening to your heart instead of your lists in this situation.
ReplyDeleteSo here is my advice on the questions you ask. What shall you wear? Whatever you feel special in. What shall you do? Be yourself. Can you trust him? Go with an open mind, and maybe he'll show you his heart. Is he interested? Well, he kissed you, didn't he? Maybe if he attempts to kiss you again, you might consider how the first one felt, and kiss him back.
Good luck,
caveman
Thank you, caveman for non neanderthal advice. LOL That was really very good! I'll tell you a secret. Ssh, don't tell anyone: I'm petrified to let down my guard.
DeleteI will take your advice and buy something new, something that makes me feel like a million bucks and I will be myself - who knows maybe he may actually like who I am. And if he attempts to kiss me again ... if he's a gentleman ... I'll kiss him back.
Your lady is a very lucky woman, caveman.
Thanks.
Buy something RED and very touchable. That'll probably stop him in his tracks with his jaw hanging so low, he wouldn't be able to say anything immediately (so then, he'll be able to think before he speaks!) and you'll both start off well... ;-)
DeleteHey, if your trainer and I work out, I'll consider moving my gym membership. But he'll probably need extra sessions to work out the calories I'll be feeding him. No more blind dates scheduled on the horizon... except blind baking some pie crusts for luscious chocolate tarts...
Liz, listen to the Caveman -- his advice is mushy but good.
ReplyDeletewhat can i say? i'm a mushy guy. i'm learning to express myself publicly. thank you very much, lisay.
DeleteOh, and Liz,when you go shopping, don't forget that beauty comes from the inside, out, so don't forget to gift wrap the inside too ...
ReplyDeleteS. Gordon? I know you!!!! You sent me a wink on my NY Magazine personal ad. I am so sorry to have disappointed you. I know you spent a lot of money on that but as I discussed, it was all a mistake. Thank you for stopping into my blog to give me some advice. I'll remember that! I hope you find your perfect date for the holiday season too! ~Liz
DeleteHow sweet of you to remember! After you deleted the ad, I figured you'd found someone. Still working at it though I see, and you sure do sound determined! Well, if I was you, I would face your reality and give this guy you seem obsessed with a fair shot. Jus sayin'. And Liz, if things don't work out for your BFF, give her my contact info, would you?
DeleteREO Speedwagon's "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" could've been more appropriate. (I am a sucker for cheesy 80s music.)
ReplyDeleteHi Monique! Welcome to my blog. I would like REO if not for the fact that one of their songs was my prom song, and unluckily my heel caught in my gown, causing me to trip and fall flat on my butt in the center of the dance floor. I think it was a full moon that night. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)
DeleteHi Liz,
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are being extra cautious going into that date with JL…your comment above set my warning beacons off "He's promised a wonderful date to do something very special. He said he spent a lot of money in preparation, so I'm really optimistic. Let's hope he's a new man. " If JL is the type of guy I think he is - he will have spent all that money on himself to look like a new man - not necessarily on things for your date...
I'm actually really glad you got your shot at Mr. D in the ring. I can see it's done you a world of good! Respect means a lot.
ReplyDeleteAs for the date, I shall again give you the best advice I ever got: it's just one date. Just be yourself and be open to learning about him.
Next up, I think you should invite JL into the ring but I guess we'll all learn soon enough if he's actually grown up or not.
Best of luck!
I admire your determination to find a date with all the setbacks..It seems your Mr December is half way there, he might surprise you yet..Keeping up with you as best I can but you have been a very busy woman...remember the thing about ex'es is that they're that for a reason..usally a very good one imho
ReplyDelete