Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Charlotte's Super Opinion


Hi there, Charlotte here!!

I cannot take any blame for Lizzy's date last night. Well, yes, she did go out with my brother, who I will, for now, identify as "John the Jerk" and rightly so. And yes, I did stupidly start that ball rolling when I brought him to the photoshoot this past Monday. Okay, my bad. But that's it. The extent of my guilt in this slight miscalculation has hereby been confessed. And neither I or my current cutie Prepster were on-site to witness the date debacle that occurred Sunday night.  Ah, but somebody, or rather somebody's self appointed guardian angel, was miraculously there, thank goodness. And I have to believe that his action will work very well in the grand scheme. Let Lizzy tell that story.

I just need to preface the rest of this tirade with what happened on this side, prior to Lizzy's mistaken plan to revisit her first love. See, right there, first mistake: can't be done! But I got a small taste of the arrogance my DB has acquired these past few years when I introduced him to my latest lover and fun friend. Now you should know that while Lizzy has been struggling to make all the right moves to honestly meet a nice guy, you may have noticed that I, Charlotte, unwittingly stepped into a great puddle of Preppy -so far, sooo good- without even looking where I was going.  I guess sometimes it really does happen without all the drama.  


Back to the point: when John the Jerk met Preppy, just before his date with Liz, I could almost see the tinge of green and thought I might have to get the building super up to my place to referee.  Fortunately, Preppy felt no such need to compete, but John just dissed my new guy like he expected him to become yesterday's news tomorrow.  Well, just goes to show how little dear Bro hasn't changed while the rest of the human race has continued to evolve.  He can't see me any differently than he did when we were in high school, and I'm afraid his vision is just as arrested when it comes to Lizzy.

He took her to a hockey game. A frickin Hockey Game! He shot a huge wad of his precious earnings to buy front row seats for himself, and oh yeah, he bought one for Lizzy.  And even though I wasn't there, I know how incredibly fine the girl looked that night because I had (sort of) designed her look. She was dressed for dinner and a show and he offered hockey and a dog.  She should have bolted immediately, but we all know 'long lost loves' are hard to shake.  Well, there's a reason they get lost, and that's what she should have told him: Get Lost!  But she didn't and even though the night didn't last beyond the game and the ride home, the foolish girl had invited him as her escort to the Foundation's Gala.  I know she was thinking it was for the publicity, but I also know that she was afraid she'd end up going solo.  This has disaster written in the margins and all over the page!  And, of course, the jerk jumped at the chance to go.  Foolish girl. Arrogant man.

So now that I've vented, I ask: Isn't this some excuse for disparaging my own brother, though I did hesitate to do it? But I have other reasons, I'm sure you all can guess. Even if he had not been so damn condescending about my career in comparison to his own, how can I possibly ignore the way he neglects to give Lizzy credit for the accomplishments she has achieved and the fabulous woman she has become? She is my best friend and, though John is my brother, Lizzy has been like a sister to me. If he messes up her chance for real happiness, I don't believe I could ever forgive him.


Well, we've just got to hear from The Hives & Cyndi Lauper on this one.  She has the perfect Christmas song.  "Christmas Duel" Oh, its so appropriate in so many ways.  LOL
Song on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My5Bzf0PQhc

11 comments:

  1. hmmmm did my comment post? we'll see.

    I also wanted to say, I had never heard of the hives until last week when I saw P!NK in concert and they opened for her..... they were......... interesting........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:23 PM

      Cyndi Lauper is an idol of mine. And she just won the Tony for her score for "Kinky Boots" on Broadway. Great show BTW. All about challenging expectations and living your life the way it works for you. You can see why I would admire the show and one of its creators. Thanks for the feedback, E. See you soon. Love, Char

      Delete
    2. I guess it didn't post. oh well.

      Delete
  2. Char, no offense, and I don't care 2 figs for the Pulitzer, but your brother, J the J was really bad! I can't stand self-centered men! The Gala..I'm ill. I know that none of this is your fault but I certainly hope that you will be able to give us more positive feedback when it comes to Liz's next couple of dates. I'm feeling like we need some words of encouragement out here in Cyber space. Oh..keep tabs on Mr. Dec. for us as well. The red coat gesture was absoutely, so romantic and awesome. Thanks for the update. ~Jen Red~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Well, I think the phrase, 'Not my brother's keeper ..." works well here. And Rick did let his cousin know where the date was happening. Such a sweetie. Rick I mean, well Darcy too. But Liz needs to figure stuff out for herself. She's grown up that way, rarely having anyone to depend on, well aside from Moi and Jane, but Jane's been world traveling for years now. And Liz has always, pretty much, kept her own counsel. That's why this whole dating experiment is pretty amazing from my perspective. Have faith Jen. Thanks for cheering our girl on. Love, Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayenne2:05 PM

    Can we invent some excuse that your DB will believe that will make him take off before the Gala? HMPH... I'm just as unhappy about that hockey game... I love a good game and all... but geez... give the girl some warning if you'll be taking her somewhere between freezing and antartica! And if the guy forgot, at least have the decency to acknowledge the goof and offer a coat or an alternative plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:00 PM

      Believe me, I know just how self centered my brother is, he showed up on my doorstep with no warning, and when I tried to tell him about the great campaign I was working on ... well you know the rest. And he's already purchased a tux, so there's no way I can discourage him in this. Liz will deal with it. And as much as I hoped Bro would cause someone else to 'Up his Game', perhaps the same will happen with Liz. I bet Mr. D. isn't showing up at this gig without a date ...
      Right? Of course Right! as Sadie would say. Love, Char

      Delete
  5. Char arrange a job with great publicity opportunities and send JL on it - just make sure it is scheduled when the gala is or get preppy to spring for more seats to a hockey game. Your brother needs to be kept away from the gala - I know Liz invited him but we need to get him uninvited…put preppy's mind to the task I am sure he will think of something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:03 PM

      Preppy would help if he could, but he's a little busy with the logistics of the whole Gala, Launch, etc. so I can't ask him. Besides, he's getting quite a laugh out of all these machinations. BTW, the only good thing that came out of that Hockey game, well one of the good things, was the Rangers Won. Thought you'd all like to know!
      Thanks Ann, Love, Char

      Delete
  6. Char, I agree with Ann R, you have to do something for your brother unpresentable not take Liz to the gala, you owe it to Liz! Please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:20 PM

    Char, I feel for you - J the J for a brother. Ah well, we can't pick our family. But if you could tell him he completely effed-up his chance with Liz, I think all of us following this blog would be grateful.

    -Linnea

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.