Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

My Lucky Valentine

Hi Friends!  Boy have I missed you all and the awesome advice you give!

I know it's been a long time (five months to be exact,) but life has been a little crazy, adjusting to marriage and motherhood at the same time. 
I'm sure it's been crazy for you as well.  So let me begin with a belated Happy New Year and a fervent wish for a Happy St. Valentine's Day! To my single friends, I wish you a good man who treats you with as much love, respect and devotion as my Mr. December bestows upon me everyday of the year. (Unless, he's pms-ing about my forcing him to eat green vegetables!  You see, I have been kicking his ass all over the ring since I got back into training last month!  Ha, ha!)

First things first: I survived another Friday the 13th unscathed! That's two in a row since meeting my calendar man.  LOL

Some of you remembered that today is mine and Will's First Wedding Anniversary.  Thank you for your emails and warm wishes and thank you especially for congratulations on the birth of William, our Little Mr. September and my Christmas gift that keeps on giving (lately more stink bombs than I can keep up with.)  LOL
I had set out to tell you about my romantic Anniversary evening with Will and the special plans we had, but since I've mentioned the stink bombs, I can't help but to cut to the chase.  Some of you mothers may be able to empathize with my situation.  You see, William's poo is toxic.  It can melt the paint off the walls by just its smell.  We joke because one day, Will brought home one of his firefighter masks, preparing to change the diapers.

With that said, I made sure to inform Charlotte and Rick when they forced me into allowing them a night of babysitting while Will and I celebrated at The Pierre hotel (where we are right now.)  He's asleep and I'm sitting by the fire talking with you and reflected on how happy I am - NOT about the stink bombs.  Yes, I know its shameless to send my son off with a Advisory Warning Label, particularly wearing this onesie, but I was so grateful to them and since they really are clueless about the whole thing, I had to be totally honest.

Although, tonight's episode wasn't about poo.  It was ultimately about spit up.  Rick meant well, since like my little man's father, he apparently wouldn't eat his pureed peas. So the good godfather that Rick was trying to be, took it upon himself to introduce solid foods (rice.) I warned Char, that wasn't a good idea yet but apparently, what do mothers know when a Bubbe arrives bearing Chinese food.  That's right Sadie came to the rescue, or so it would seem, until Char snuck William some chow mein.  What was she thinking???

Bad ... bad ... bad idea.

After two hours, she realized her mistake when the spit up looked like chop suey and my little man got a case of the hiccups that didn't cease.  Long story short, they kicked him out.  At the most inopportune time, I might add, both Will and I received phone calls that said, "Help!!  Come remove your son.  We cannot take it!!"

LOL  They are absolute chickens!!  What's a little projectile spit up between friends and family? And had they consulted the baby manual that I put together for them, well they would have seen that hiccups are entirely normal for an infant and Chinese food is NOT.

Jokingly, I asked Char when she'd like to babysit again and I was met with that sparkling wit of hers "Maybe next year for your second anniversary. Make sure you ask me after about six or seven margaritas."

Oh that should be good - William will be walking and talking by then. *deviously rubbing hands together.*  I'm just kidding, of course, I totally understand and feel bad that such a sweet, happy, little love muffin like my son had caused so much stress to our loved ones.

Anyway, Misters September and December are now cuddling together in the hotel room bed, and are both very content.  My calendar hunk went above and beyond in planning our anniversary, surprising me with yellow roses, candlelight, fine food, champagne, and orange juice (for me.) It was perfect.  Absolutely perfect, and honestly, I don't feel upset at all about it ending on a different note than what we anticipated.  Will and I had an incredibly romantic love fest for a few hours and it seemed right that we should finish the day holding the precious gift we created through our love - our son.

And ... speaking of gifts ... I didn't have the heart to tell Char that come my second anniversary, she'll have two babies to watch.  That's right, you heard me.  Will and I are expecting another September baby - 2014's Christmas gift, delivered under the tree after I stopped nursing William.  Yes, my husband ... the gift that keeps on giving, and we're over the moon about it!


Here's my other gift to match the earrings he gave me last Christmas. To think, I once referred to him as The Grinch!  

Well, friends, that's it in a nutshell.  I'll leave out the sexy details of my HOT night with my sexy firefighter husband, but I just wanted to pop in and give you a little update.  We're so happy, and there's not a stitch of bad luck in sight!

Love you all, and miss you tons!  I'll try to blog more from time to time and keep you abreast, especially when the new baby comes.

Here's my song for this Valentine's Day and I dedicate it to Mr. Scorching Hot Best Darned Husband and Daddy in The World: Fitzwilliam Darcy.
Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud"

9 comments:

  1. Oh My GOSH! I forgot it was your anniversary! My Bad! Probably because I've been playing shows all week at the Opera House. On the go like crazy and what I wouldn't give for some good Chinese....Not the William kind of course. Say....once the opera season winds down, I'll give you a jingle. I would LOVE to give up an afternoon and sit for the little guy! Auntie Jen loves kids and since it will be warmer then, we can go to the park where poo bombs won't mean a thing. Congrats on the new little one! Happy Valentine's Day! Happy Anniversary! ~Jen Red~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the vignette but wasn't sure where to comment. What a great little surprise and the purrrrfect Anniversary present from our Kitty-Cat. Thanks so much for the update. Can't wait to find out about our 2nd little Darcy and love it that Will is going to take chess chances. Happy Valentine's Day! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:02 PM

    Congrats on the new baby! Sounds like you two had a hot time! Happy Anniversary!! ~Zoe Burton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:57 PM

    OMG!! OMG!! You didn't tell your own sister-in-law that I'm going to be an aunt again!! wtf?? and what the hell are you feeding my brother? He's like a rabbit for goodness sake. LOL I am so happy! Oh ... and Charlotte ... I don't mind my nephew's butt smell so you are off the hook, girlfriend. Chinese food? Really? Even I read Liz's manual to know that that's a no-no. LOL. Happy Anniversary to the two best parents I know. I love you both - G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:02 PM

    As long as it wasn't chorizo sausages - now that would have been a disastrous bomb. Dear Sissy, you are fertile myrtle and I'm so happy for you. Please wait until after my wedding to tell mom, because I think she may be certifiable and you know how Jose can't deal with her wackiness. I miss you both and I'll see you next month. Congratulations you two! ~Love Always, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Congrats on baby #2 (and also that beautiful emerald necklace) and of course Mr. December and Mr. September! Your life seems so perfect right now- we are all jealous of you. Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new baby! I hope you and Will are always the happiest and luckiest together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing!! Let's wait to see if it is a baby girl this time!! :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so ready for another update - love the song and video. Congratulations on another pinup - male or female.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.