Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Charlotte's Super Opinion

HOSPITAL UPDATE FROM CHARLOTTE!  

Utter chaos. Got the call from Will on their way to the hospital. Preppy actually beat me there and a good thing because Will, stoic, commanding Will was in full panic mode. It's been pretty funny watching him try to calm and coach Liz while he vacillates between moments of bravado and Daddy doubt. Liz seemed so calm at first .... She was just focused on the job ahead, but as the contractions increased she let down the facade and gave in to the reality of the situation. In other words: The Pain! Such language! First at moi, but then after venting to the messenger, she moved on to the rightful target, her husband. It's a damn good thing she can't detach from the monitors and land a few deadly kicks at the true perpetrator. She mentioned the distinct possibility of earning (and desiring) her "Black Widow" title .... I'm sure she was just kidding ... Yeah, definitely jk, yup. 

I spent a good amount of time taking photos, there's an excellent opportunity here for future blackmail, but truth be told, the expression on Will's face is Love Personified. Okay, so maybe I won't blackmail her, but the guilt trip we can lay on her when she sees his face in years to come will be worth the pain she inflicted on my hand (won't be offering that support service to a pregnant woman ever again!) and the creative vitriolic assault on my pure sensibilities - LOL.

There are plenty of worthy photo subjects (hunky fire guys) wandering the waiting room and Liz's Mom is positively plastered-Valium, and a chaser of some type of alcohol from the conveniently located bar two doors down from the hospital. Liz can thank my Ricky for that! Such a good guy, and he's currently rethinking any argument he might have fancied about having kids (whew!) 

Me, I'm all set to become Auntie Char. Got the cutest tiny pair of huaraches sandals stashed somewhere in my camera bag for the little guy. BTW, how long till a kid starts walking? I guess I'll find out soon enough! Any minute now. Seriously friends, this is so cool.

Love, Charlotte, Punky Aunt in Waiting...(room)

STOP THE PRESSES!!  HE’S HERE: 
 William Bennet Darcy!!

4 comments:

  1. Carmalee11:54 AM

    Oh he is so cute!!!!! I want one.. grandbaby for me.. congratulations to everyone and thanks for letting us know so we can PARTY!!!!!!! Carmalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Char, that little guy is adorable. Congrats to the parents, godparents, the men at the station who supported Will, the family, the staff... I want that one too! Jen Red

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Absolutely adorable! Congratulations to Liz and Darcy! You must be so happy - and so tired. Rest up and enjoy the experience of a newborn. So precious and so worth it. And so fleeting.

    Emlyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's beautiful! Congratulations Liz and Will! I just heard from a colleague who recently became a first time father himself... his words, "I am upside down at the moment." hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.