Hi Gang! Liz here. Just popping in because I would be completely remiss on such a special day of luckiness. Yes, Friday the 13th AND a full moon. The perfect trifecta under which I was born. Thank goodness there is no winter ice, labor pains (yet - still 3 months to go), or my mother to complete the day. LOL To prove it we're headed out of this yucky rain up to New Hampshire to visit Rick and Charlotte at their new getaway love nest in Newmarket, far away from any "bad luck" vibes headed in my direction from 'you know who' out on Long Island. No - nothing is going to convince me that I'm Unlucky Lizzy, not when I'm so happy and so fulfilled.
Now, let's talk pregnancy for a minute not hemorrhoids, heat or swelling feet but something so much better! My hunka-hunka burning firefighter has been going crazy with his purchases for Little Man Darcy (yet to be named because we cannot agree.) I have a twenty name list, and I can tell you the name "Fitzwilliam" is nowhere to be found on it!
Here are some images of what Will brought home:
Yes, he has gone crazy in the nursery, too. What can I say? What can I do? He's proud, and so am I. It's at least tasteful and not an explosion! Do you like it?
Missing you all and hope you have a wonderful summer and an exceptional Friday the 13th. Hope you get lucky, too! Big Hugs.
My Lucky Will's song: Elvis's "I Got a Thing About You Baby"
What's your suggestion for a baby name?




Gosh Liz, Daddy Darcy has taken on a whole new persona, hasn't he? I love to see men crumble around little ones. As for names, I am a total bore! Of course I would pick Will Junior! I mean isn't William the best name there ever was in the universe Mrs. Darcy??? We can skip the "Fitz" part and just take the ending for legal clarity. Fitzwilliam Daddy, William son??? Well, since I have a few more months I'll see if I can find a poor second. Although I must admit I've always been partial to "Dan" or "Daniel". Daniel Fitzwilliam Darcy. Still like the first choice. Hope you haven't developed the "waddel" yet. Love, Jen Red
ReplyDeleteHi Jen! Oh, Will has gone crazy. You should see all the stuff we came home with from NH today. I think, after about three beers with Rick, I had him agreeing to TOTAL diaper duty when he is home. Ah, yes, the power of pregnancy horny hormones and the promise of pancakes. :) But he is completely insistent on the Fitz. All I keep thinking about is my teasing Jane that night of dinner at her place - you remember the night when Caroline showed up. All my jokes about Woof Woof, Come her Fitzy! Now Daniel William would be very nice or Daniel Alexander. I like.
DeleteNo waddle yet, but I feel like he grows almost hourly, so soon, I am sure. Thank you sweetie. Talk with you soon. :)
Beautiful nursery. New Hampshire should be a bit gray today, but otherwise, enjoy your lucky day. Love the onesie. So cute!
ReplyDeletePatrick James Darcy sounds very fitting. Only 3 months to go! Hope the summer isn't too hot. Summer pregnancies are always the most challenging, in terms of mom's comfort.
Keep active and enjoy this special time in your life.
Emlyn
Great to see you here, Emlyn. Thanks for popping in. We had fair weather, but tons of laughter. Those two are so happy - finding one another was a lucky thing for them!
DeletePatrick James Darcy sounds oh so Irish and I am sure 3/4 of the FDNY will be delighted! I like it, too. It certainly beats Will's suggestion Fitzwilliam Finnegan George Darcy. WTF? It'll take the poor boy an hour to sign his name.
I can't believe how quickly the pregnancy is flying by and can hardly wait for September. Not because of the heat in this concrete jungle but because our firefighter squirt will be arriving on such an important due date - I hope - September 11.
Thanks so much, hon! ~Liz
Blaze Fitzwilliam (Will) Darcy
ReplyDeleteBahahaha!!! This is clever and so funny that we laughed for hours in the car on our way to New Hampshire. Very Clever, Anon. Definitely in the running! Thank you.
DeleteAh, the nursery looks so sweet, and the little fireman outfit was so cute, someone really knows how to knit ( a talent that seems to have eluded me), thanks for the update and as for names well that is always such a challenge isn't it, my husband and I never could agree on names, or the names we had chosen were already taken and the confusion would have been to great to use. but I have always been partial to the name of Scott, Scott William Darcy. or Scott Bennett Darcy, what ever you choose will be perfect. much love Carmalee
ReplyDeleteHi Carma! Great to hear from you. I love, love, love that little knit outfit. He bought it from Sadie!!! She wanted to give it to him, but he insisted that he pay for the commission work. He only just told me today that she made it especially. I was glad he paid her for it because she had her eye on these Missoni throw pillows for belows "the wedding wall." She worked so hard on the little outfit and deserved those pillows :) I like your suggestion of Scott and it works very well with Darcy. Absolutely no to Bennet, even if it sounds so good. With my luck he'll end up collecting wine bottle corks with his grandfather as some sort of name bonding ritual. LOL Thank you, sweetie.
DeleteSo how about a little tribute to one of the all time great comic strip characters and the best movie ever with a touch of homage to the daddy's brotherhood : Calvin Westly Darcy
ReplyDeleteLinnea
Hi Linnea. Westly is very regal, but very 'Upper East Side' sounding. Rick may like that. I do think Will may like the Calvin, a wild a precocious little boy - Calvin & Hobbes OR the peeing little fireman squirt? Just what every daddy wants. LOL You make me laugh. Love the suggestions. Thank you
DeleteSo good to see a man that into fatherhood, Liz. Yes, you hooked a keeper. As for names, I have never been great at thinking up monikers, but I shall give it a shot. Alexander William Darcy. Got a regal sound to it and I agree with Jen. No Fitz but definetely William should be in there some place.
ReplyDeleteOh you should have seen him this morning, Brenda! Proud Daddy to be was speaking with Charlie on the phone and the two of them on speaker were like gloating fools! LOL I loved every minute of it. Alexander is very regal and I love the shortening to 'Alex'. Charlotte is insistent that if she's going to be the god mother well then she gets the privilege of naming. No, no, no! Even if Will's father was George - "Boy George" is just NOT appealing. Thanks for the great suggestion. I think Will might like this one. Take care, hon
DeleteWilliam Benjamin Darcy
ReplyDeleteWell William of course. But also because in "1852 William F. Channing, a Doctor in Boston used telegraph technology developed in the early 1840's to create the first fire alarm box system". And in "1736 Benjamin Franklin was involved with urging readers of his "Pennsylvanian Gazette" to establish fire-fighting companies".
So two names famous in fire fighting history. What do you think?
Hi cecie! I love the way you think, girlfriend. I also love the name Benjamin! Since daddy of 'little man who has yet to be named' is all about the fire department, we have a really great - logical - choice here. Thanks for the suggestion!
DeleteI didn't see William James Darcy up there.....so that's my suggestion. Though, I really like Alexander, too. Glad I dropped in to check this out today! Can't wait to get a copy of Lucky 13 when it comes out! Kathy (klnba)
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy! Oh another great name! Thank you. Will is still stuck on the whole Fitz thing - I joke with him "How about William Fitzwilliam?" Sheesh he's so pig headed! As you can imagine the two of us are very stubborn about this. It would serve us both right if 'he' was really a 'she'. LOL Thanks again girlfriend :)
DeleteSince you two got together around Christmas, how about Christopher Henry Darcy? Subtle nod to the holiday, and it sounds nice with Darcy. My own little blue bundle of joy is due 9/8 and own dear husband is so, so excited about it. Hope you enjoy NH. We spent Friday the 13th in NYC watching Kenneth Branagh play MacBeth at the Park Ave Armory. Wow!
ReplyDeleteGood luck keeping cool and know that you are not alone as the temps climb. ;D
Cheers,
Kate
Hi Kate! How's your pregnancy going? Sleeping quite a bit still? What are you craving these days. I've moved on to french fries with brown gravy. Not a strange combo but I just can't seem to get enough of them. It sounds like you had a great day in the city! There is so much history at the Armory. My g-grandfather was with the 7th NY Guard Regiment pre-Spanish Civil War!
DeleteHave a wonderfully - COOL - summer as baby grows! Thanks for the GREAT suggestions. Hugs, ~L
Fond memories of this time when pregnant with both our kids. We did not find out the gender of either. We had different opinions on names, but we quickly came to agreement on girl names - named for both grandmothers who are no longer with us. Our first born was a boy and we went with Benjamin Cooper, and as the second approached we had no agreement on boys, I think it was about 15 mins before I had the C-section before we finally agreed - thank goodness the doc was running late, though in the end we didn't need it as it was a daughter we welcomed into the world. I have two suggestion 1) Liam - a nice twist on William and Fitwilliam, perhaps paired with David as a middle name, or 2) Colin, for Darcy's chief, maybe paired with James? Whatever you decide don't tell people until the baby is born and named unless you want to hear all about how that is the worst name ever. Good luck, enjoy this time, and get as much rest as possible - you are gonna need it!
ReplyDeleteColleen
What a wonderful story, Colleen! Benjamin Cooper is a beautiful name for your first born. I've added Benjamin to my list. Colin would love to have the baby named after him of course. He and our cousin, Anne have been hot and heavy since the night of the calendar launch party - and you know how happy we both are that she found love AND a new domicile in Queens with him! Liam is soooo adorable! I just love all the great suggestions you ladies are coming up with and my list is growing. Now if I can just get Will to nix the Fitz - we're in business.
DeleteThanks for the stories, suggestions and the advice. I can hardly wait until September! ~Liz
Glad all is going so well and Daddy is getting into the pregnancy in all aspects of preparation. :D
ReplyDeleteAs for Names I believe Richard helped to move this along as well as Charlotte. So in honor of them (What are some other nicknames for Charlotte? Callie? Calla and as for Richard well "Richard the Lionheart" so maybe Lionel. So maybe Lionel Cal Fitzwilliam Darcy. I think the Fitzwilliam needs to stay to honor Darcy as well.
All the best
Somebody elses mother
Ok if it is a girl :D Leona Callie Fitzwilliam Darcy
ReplyDeleteSomeone elses mother
A girl? Hm... that's a possibility. Isn't it? After all I was supposed to be a boy. Leona is a beautiful name. Thanks for the suggestions especially since they honor Char and Rick, who have insisted that they ARE honored! LOL It is possible that daddy's name may end up in there, too. I'll let you know. Thanks for seeing us through this ride, SEM. We're so happy!
DeleteWell ... since you're looking for a good name I would like to suggest Austin Darcy. It's got an appropriate meaning, in more than one way since if you look it up it says 'great, magnificent' and if connects well to his parents' names ;)
ReplyDeletedaydreamer
Hi daydreamer! Just checking in on my last minute details before the little man arrives, and I see you've put a great name into the running. Love it! We haven't decided yet, so I have a feeling when I hold our little man I'll have this list of great names there beside me. I'll let you know soon, I think. Big hugs, ~Liz
Deletehmm.. i seem to remember posting my suggestions here the other day... was it lost?
ReplyDeleteHi Sweet Kayenne! Great to hear from you. I didn't get your suggestions so please get them in soon, because this baby belly is about to BURST!! and our little man will be on the scene soon. In the short span of two days, changed the window treatments in the living room, organized the linen closet, washed every bedspread, and alphabetized the pantry in size order. So, I have a sneaking suspicion that he's coming soon!!
DeleteAww... and it was a long post explaining the meaning behind each name...
DeleteVariations of:
Alexander Blaze Caleb or Calvin(if he is born bald!) Darcy
and
Andrew Blaze Chadrick(for both Chuckie and Rich) Darcy
or ABCD for short!
I had no idea you were looking for baby name suggestions. I am certain I'm too late, given the announcement that the baby will be birthed by 1pm tomorrow, however, here's my suggestion. Of all the names you have gotten from this blog, I like William Benjamin the best. But I would change it to William Bennet Darcy instead.
ReplyDeleteHope you have gotten an epidural by now, and that you are smiling as you push out a healthy baby Darcy.
Oh, and Mazel Tov!
Ruth