Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Bingley Baby Perfection

Chocolate Filled-Baby! He's here, He's here!!
All nine pounds, four ounces of Neuhaus chocolate goodness and sweetness.  My dear little, nephew Charles Travis Bingley, III is beautiful and one chubby truffle.  He entered the world early and it's a darn good thing he did, because Jane was ready to burst like a big balloon, (and I'm not just talking her baby belly.)  CTBIII is healthy and has quite a set of lungs on him.  Jane is well, feeling relief as much as she can after having delivered her little oil heir, and Charlie is the typical proud dad, can't stop smiling and doting on his family.  

As for me and Will, we can't get enough of him and have been spending as much time down in TriBeCa as possible.  Janie needs my help and I just want to hold the baby.

Okay in my excitement I forgot to say:  Hello friends!  I hope you are are still there, waiting and interested for news, any kind of news from me.  Thank you for continuing to follow the blog after all these months.  We've been a bit busy on this end and well, for a while there, I was feeling quite cranky.  The morning sickness didn't quite go away as everyone said it would and Baby Darcy, who is now kicking me like the talented kickboxer he is going to be, has been very, very active!  Add all that to getting accustomed to life as a newlywed and learning to deal with socks on the floor and toilet seats left up and the continual mysterious disappearance of my many necessary baby preparation lists.  You can only imagine what I'm going through.  I do love it all, you know, so don't take my complaints too seriously.  Particularly, since you know that my Caveman is reading this post!

These past six months, Will has been a dream, apart from this messiness that I just didn't see coming.  Thank goodness we hired a wonderful housekeeper, Mrs. Hill, to pick up after him because I refuse.  Frankly, I'm tired.  I am learning to accept these little "quirks" to my man, but still ask the question, "Why can you not just throw the coffee pod from the Keurig into the trash bin after its use?"  Is there a reason he has to leave it on the counter to leak all over the place?  What the heck happened to my obsessive-compulsive man?  I don't know and neither does he, but I love him anyway, even if it makes me cry. (but that may be hormonal, right?) Apparently, he just ignores my kitchen to-do list, and my insane outbursts, and I have no problem ignoring his grouchiness when 'pancakes' have to be postponed.  But, oh, we make up for it when I'm hungry.  teehee.

Our growing little one hasn't stopped either of us from attending every calendar event and when the women just fawn over my handsome Mr. December, like at the Spring Fling Cruise around Manhattan, he introduces his "beautiful kickboxing wife" with her obvious baby belly.  Oh, how I love that!  He's so happy and just can't stop rubbing or touching the baby as though he's a Genie in a bottle!  Will is always singing to the baby.  We lay in bed and he's there leaning over me, wearing just his shorts and singing something gentle or even sometimes a nursery rhyme.  I can feel his love just covering me.  I am so BLESSED!  Did I mention how in love with Mr. December I am?  (I know, it's silly to keep repeating it, but it's true.)

Speaking of baby belly, I'm now proudly sporting an outtie belly button and have unhappily, but tolerated with a smile, experienced at least nine hundred thirty-five unsolicited touches to my belly, and it's not even this big yet. 

Although Will is a fabulous cook, I have been enjoying the delights of maraschino cherries squished into a bowl of peanut butter covered with shredded mozzarella cheese.  After Sadie came to visit bearing Matzoh, I shmeared it on top!  Who knew that would be a combination that works?  I wrote the recipe down.  Janie didn't experience too many food cravings.  For her, it was just chocolate 24/7 and that's now evident in her massive sixty pound weight gain and a nine pound chocolate bon-bon delivery.  Thank God she still has a few weeks before real bathing suit weather rolls around.  *snort*  BTW, my mother is livid because Jane will most likely be retiring and spending six months down at the Bingley ranch in Texas - far, far away from the Bennet insanity.  

On a side note about the Burn Foundation - already we have reached the one million mark in donations/sales and I have secured my promotion should/if/when I go back to BADCo after the baby comes.  I'm not sure about that yet.  I just may want to be a supermom with our little man.  At any rate, Will has been making a weekly appearance at the office and is feeling great about it!

So, lets see, what else?  Charlotte and Rick are currently vacationing in Rio.  They've had quite a whirlwind six months of marriage, traveling the country and becoming groupies to Cyndi Lauper concert tours.  Go figure!  Sadie's son came to visit.  He's getting a divorce and moving back to NYC to be closer to his mom.  I don't think she guilted him into it, but she couldn't help gloating that his marriage wasn't a match she made!  LOL  She tells me that she has a long list of suitable women for him who will make an excellent vife and give her grandchildren!

Update on my Bennet clan:  Mary is living it up in Spain and going through men like there's no tomorrow, Kitty purchased her wedding dress, and Lydia moved in with George Wickham.  So, this means that for all intents and purposes my parents are empty nesters.  I think my father may go insane, but I'll keep you abreast of that!  

And that's it.  I promise, friends, I'll let you know when our little package of love arrives in September.  I finally get to hold my Christmas gift!   Will and I can hardly wait, and Georgiana is so excited to spoil him!  She's doing well by the way.  Still dating the violinist and very happy.

Big Hugs and I'll talk with you soon!  

Now here's a song to get you moving with me. Share my joy!   "Happy" by Pharrell Williams

5 comments:

  1. Oh Liz! What a fabulous update and on a holiday weekend at that! Wow! Baby Luv all the way around. I'm so thrilled for you and Jane too. So Mr. Compulsive is pressing your buttons. No matter, you can put him on diaper duty when the little man shows up for a little payback. You know..some bonding time between the two men in your life! Thanks again for giving us the skinny! Happy! Happy! ~Jen Red~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Of course, I'd show you off at all these calendar events. You're beautiful, you're my heart and soul AND my boo. I'm sorry, I have gotten so sloppy around the house. I guess I just feel so comfortable, so content. Try not to pick on my toilet seat issue too much, though. It's a tough habit to break - sort of like your snoring and your LIST making.

    Friends, thanks for all the advice in helping me catch my sweetheart for a lifetime of happiness, and thanks for the well wishes. I'm the luckiest man alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:18 PM

    Wow things certainly have kept you to busy but don't worry it will only get busier with the baby but every moment will be worth it. :D
    Someone Elses Mother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:45 PM

    So glad to see your updae Liz as I was wondering about the little Bingley and the future Darcy. :) Wow, Janie had a big boy didn't she? I guess the model gig will have to wait now, though I am thinking she may never go back.

    Smiled to read about Caveman's habits. You just have to overlook the little things and not let them get to you. He is definately a keeper and he adores you. That means the most! Now be sure and tell us just as soon as little Caveman makes his debut. And pictures would be great!

    Your loyal blog follower, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray....an update on our favorite couples. Congrats on the birth of baby Bingley and wow is he a chubby little fellow--so adorable! Liz, don't sweat the small stuff. Remember, you'll have your hands full when baby Darcy arrives. Looking forward to getting that update. Take care of yourself and enjoy the "pancakes" while you have the energy, hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.